Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tell me if this sucks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Tell me if this sucks Empty
PostSubject: Tell me if this sucks   Tell me if this sucks EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:18 am

I have always thought it'd be cool to write my own music for my wedding. I was listening to Beethoven's Sonata No. 8 (Pathetique), and I almost want to use that... but I thought it might be more meaningful to use my own. I've come up with other stuff in the past, but I threw together a melody this morning that is inspired by Pathetique.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/19/902155/processional.WAV

Tell me how it sounds! Keep in mind that I just put this together in about 20 minutes, I might change the whole thing. I have until August. Also, the harmony will probably be different, since I only wanted to give it more flesh instead of just a melody.
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this sucks   Tell me if this sucks EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:47 pm

First of all, I would just like to say that I LOVE Pathetique.

I really like this. Great melody. I think it's super awesome that you want to write your own music for the wedding.
Back to top Go down
Existential Cat

Existential Cat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this sucks   Tell me if this sucks EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:31 pm

I think as an early edit and composition it's nice. I also think it's rather swell you want to create your own music for your wedding.

if you continue to work on the piece, continue to keep us updated sir.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this sucks   Tell me if this sucks EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks guys. I'll definitely post more. It will be pretty short, but since I have such a long time to work on it I will have plenty of changes

Also, agreed... Pathetique is one of the best songs ever written. Period.

I don't know if I will have strings in the wedding or not. There is a couple that I've known for a long time and they play cello and violin together... but they also cater, so we haven't decided if we will have them cater or play. If they play it would be cool, but I would have to write it differently.
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this sucks   Tell me if this sucks Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell me if this sucks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oh Lovely :: The Basics :: Talking about stuff-
Jump to: