Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Interview #3 - High Voltage

Go down 
+4
fairydust
ichthuz
Existential Cat
yasminspired
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Member Interview #3 - High Voltage Empty
PostSubject: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:14 pm

tyty's turn!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
Existential Cat

Existential Cat

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm

What is your middle name?

How long have you been playing guitar?

Why do you complain about your hair so much?

Did you shave/trim your beard or are you letting it grow?

How many phone numbers do you have from people on this forum?

How often do you call Yasmin?

what do you think about global warming?
Back to top Go down
ichthuz

ichthuz

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:32 pm

who is your gynecologist?

why do you have so many guitars?

do you have a girlfriend now?

any prospects?

no seiously who do you want to bang?

why did you choose to live in a commune?

dont lie, is the beard a product of wanting to be a hippie?

any plans or future tatts?

what is the nature of life, the universe and everything?
Back to top Go down
http://www.danielcoulbourne.com/
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 402

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:39 pm

hey bro! so what's it take to be friends w/you?
Back to top Go down
Cath

Cath

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:47 pm

do you like blockbuster?

have you ever committed a robbery?

do you like attractive girls with chin-length dark straight hair that look a bit like the girl on the left (the girl on the right is my friend Abbi, she's cute too):
Member Interview #3 - High Voltage L_e36f27acca9122190815a1b22fe94f38
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Existential Cat wrote:
What is your middle name?

James.

Quote :
How long have you been playing guitar?

Erhhhhhh, ehhhh, about... since I was fourteen. So, four years now.

Quote :
Why do you complain about your hair so much?

Do I? Haha. It was just a shock when I shaved it, I think. I don't know. I like my hair a lot, perhaps too much. I just like it looking good.

Quote :
Did you shave/trim your beard or are you letting it grow?

I have not shaved or trimmed it, yet. So, at the moment, it's still growing. I plan to trim it soon.

Quote :
How many phone numbers do you have from people on this forum?

Ehhhh, let's see... Adam, Yasmin, Jaz, I dunno if Manda counts... so... 4.

Quote :
How often do you call Yasmin?

Every couple of weeks or so.

Quote :
what do you think about global warming?

Fuck that shit. Haha. But seriously, I think the environment is valuable, and should be taken care of. I don't see eye to eye with the likes of Al Gore, but I DO think that we're fucking it up. Just not to the extent that some people would like us to believe.

Quote :
who is your gynecologist?

Look, just because you want some recognition for your career doesn't mean that I'm about to go telling everyone I let you look at my vag.

Quote :
why do you have so many guitars?

I actually don't anymore. I'm down to two. Plus an acoustic. So, three. But when I was really starting to get into guitar I thought a lot of them looked really cool, more than anything. So I bought guitars that I thought looked cool. Now that I'm more into sound and tone and such, I've sold a few and plan to purchase a Fender Jag soon.

Quote :
do you have a girlfriend now?

No.

Quote :
any prospects?

The chick in that photo matt posted.

Quote :
no seiously who do you want to bang?

Scarlett Johanson.

Quote :
why did you choose to live in a commune?

Shane Claiborne and Adam. Speaking of Shane, he's staying in the room next to mine this weekend.

Quote :
dont lie, is the beard a product of wanting to be a hippie?

Why would I lie? No, the beard is a product of my continual subconscious attempts to heal my broken relationship by doing things that Muke would hate. Growing a beard, smoking, tattoos and swearing are all examples of this. Fuck me.

Quote :
any plans or future tatts?

Yep! I have a little list.

Wrists: I do not exist, Only You exist.
Collar bone: Ordinary eternal machinery
Right Ankle: The two figures from Elliott's self titled cover
Back of my kneck: Say Yes
Rest of my right arm: I'm going to have the colors from my Elliott Tattoo bleed down and swirl around my arm and frame the Shakespeare line "If music be the food of love, play on".
Inside of my left forearm: A dead tree.

And that's it for now.

Quote :
what is the nature of life, the universe and everything?

Not fourtyfuckingtwo.

Quote :

Casual sex.

No, just kidding. Um. I'm a hard person to love and/or be friends with. So. I'd have to say... continual understanding and determination.

Quote :
do you like blockbuster?

Eh, it's mk. I tend to not rent movies much, but torrent them and go to the theaters (I saw to movies in theaters today... and at least four others in the past two weeks).

Quote :
have you ever committed a robbery?

Nope.

Quote :
do you like attractive girls with chin-length dark straight hair that look a bit like the girl on the left (the girl on the right is my friend Abbi, she's cute too)

Yes. And. Is she single?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic
Cath

Cath

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:19 pm

unfortunately not.. and she lives in Arizona..
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Goddamit Matt, first the dreadlock chick and now her. What the fuck are you trying to do to me?
Back to top Go down
Cath

Cath

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:06 pm

It pains us both, my brother. Member Interview #3 - High Voltage Emot-saddowns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:34 am

What are some of the most significant forms of growth you've experienced as a person over the last year?

How would you summarise your political views?

Where would you live for the rest of your life if you had the ability?

Can you name some of the joys and challenges of communal living thus far?

What are your thoughts on vegetarianism?

What do you think you would be looking for in a future girlfriend?
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:16 am

i haven't read the other questions yet (i will! i just don't have time right now), so forgive me if there are repeats.

what computer do you have?
tell me about convent life, i'm a little bit confused. what made you want to go? what do you do? are there rules? etc.
are you going to go to college?
favorite non-musical artist?
do you like candles?
favorite kind of chips?
where do you do your best writing? (like, at home, coffee shop, etc)
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/humanskulls
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Quote :
What are some of the most significant forms of growth you've experienced as a person over the last year?

Mostly around the waist. Ha.

Oh gosh. Let's see. I've had to learn to deal with a lot of heartbreak, so I guess that's made me stronger as an individual. I've grown a lot in my own individuality.
I've had to learn to mature very fast... and I don't think it's working out well. So maybe that's not growth. But more of an attempt. Eh, I don't really know.

Quote :
How would you summarise your political views?

Well, I would mostly point anyone to the book Jesus For President as my political manifesto. I would call myself a christian anarchist.

Quote :
Where would you live for the rest of your life if you had the ability?

Maybe Tokyo. I don't know though. I've recently found that I'm a drifter. I've often considered dropping everything and just moving from town to town. We have yet to see.

Quote :
Can you name some of the joys and challenges of communal living thus far?

Eh. Well. To be honest I'm actually considering leaving my community soon. I don't mind it all that much. The plus sides are that you get to learn to love people, people you don't really know. I get to build relationships, and I don't mind sharing possessions or time.

But it's put a halt to my musical pursuits, and for that reason I may be moving to Australia soon.

Quote :
What are your thoughts on vegetarianism?

See the inside of my lip.

Quote :
What do you think you would be looking for in a future girlfriend?

A pulse. Smile

No, seriously... an intellectual, an artist, a lover of G-d and others... and of course I'd love for her to be attractive.

Quote :
what computer do you have?

A gateway laptop. Windows vista home ed. 60 gigs of memory. Yeah. It's lame.

Quote :
tell me about convent life, i'm a little bit confused. what made you want to go? what do you do? are there rules? etc.

Well letssee herreeee. After reading Shane Claiborne's Irresistible Revolution, I was inspired to seek out a commune type experience. I found a small community in San Francisco and started hanging out with some of the people. Determined not to go to school this year I decided to go live with them.

As for what we do... well, we just live together. Everyone has a separate job outside of the community (most work for Christian organizations or social work). We have weekly meetings for things like discernment, bible study, and small group-esque things. We have three weekly "family" dinners where we all dine together. We have morning prayers every weekday. And a service on sunday.

Rules are more like guidelines, actually. We have all committed to restricting ourselves to living expenses outside of the necessary costs. We all live on $335 per month, and what we make over that we share in a common fund. Other than that, there are no real rules. As I'm underage I've been asked not to consume alcohol (which I've only broken once... ehhh).

Quote :
are you going to go to college?

I may be attending a music school this January. Not entirely sure yet. I'm sure eventually I'll end up taking classes somewhere.

Quote :
favorite non-musical artist?

Haha. What kind of artist? Visual? Performance? Written word?

Well. Visual: I'ma have to go with Jeff Mangum (it's a cop out, I know). I just love the artwork he does. That, or Aaron Weiss (see mewithoutYou album covers).
And for the non musical side, I'm going to go with Leonard Cohen for his poetry and fiction.

Quote :
do you like candles?

Yep! I have two in my room. A non scented one I made and a vanilla scented one that covers up my hippie smell.

Quote :
favorite kind of chips?

Salt and vinegar.

Quote :
where do you do your best writing? (like, at home, coffee shop, etc)

Coffee shops for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:44 pm

You're obviously very concerned about issues of social justice, but that's a bit of a broad spectrum. What are some of the issues you feel concerned about, or which take up your thoughts most often? Leave anarchism and peace aside for a moment, and talk about actual tangible issues you feel either you have committed yourself to or would like to in the future.

Some things that have REALLY annoyed you about your fellow community members so far?

Some things which your fellow communities have REALLY found annoying about you?

Some things about them which have really inspired you?

Why Australia?

If someone were to ask you what kind of Christian you are, what would be your response?

What do you feel you would say to a fellow Christian who was in the military or governmental office?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

For what would you like people to remember you?
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Quote :
You're obviously very concerned about issues of social justice, but that's a bit of a broad spectrum. What are some of the issues you feel concerned about, or which take up your thoughts most often? Leave anarchism and peace aside for a moment, and talk about actual tangible issues you feel either you have committed yourself to or would like to in the future.

Racial reconciliation, free trade, immigration, and war.

Those are the main things that weigh on my mind. Racial reconciliation, mostly in the church, because I believe that the church is far from what it should look like in terms of race.

Free trade because I find myself realizing that the things that I purchase people I'll never meet.

Immigration because I live amongst a high concentration of illegal immigrants and I love them dearly, and it's hard to see them so fuckin afraid of the gov.

War, because fuck war.

Quote :
Some things that have REALLY annoyed you about your fellow community members so far?

Um, I haven't been so annoyed by my fellow flatmates all that much. Debbie, an older woman will sometimes make kinda lame remarks about the fact that I smoke. My roomate Annie said I couldn't use her car anymore, because I accidentally left it unlocked one day... which kinda annoyed me.

Quote :
Some things which your fellow communities have REALLY found annoying about you?

I leave cars unlocked. Haha. But there's probably a lot of things that I'm oblivious to.

Quote :
Some things about them which have really inspired you?

My roomate Colin is such a cool guy. He's just full of wisdom. I'm inspired by the amount of understanding that Dale and Debbie (seniors in the church) have shown towards me.

Quote :
Why Australia?

Ehhhh Hillsong College of Leadership. For the music.

Quote :
If someone were to ask you what kind of Christian you are, what would be your response?

A fuckin' awful one.

Quote :
What do you feel you would say to a fellow Christian who was in the military or governmental office?

Hmmm. Well, as a semi-related side story. I was standing at a crosswalk the other day and a car that was decorated with Army logo's pulled up at the stop light, and one of the solidiers inside popped his head out and said "Hey man, don't you think it's about time you considered joining the army?"... Slightly taken aback I responded (rather rudely) "Nah, don't you think it's about time you considered following Jesus?" and they drove off.

But as to what I would say to a Christian in the service... I would encourage them to re-read the bible, honing in on the teachings of Jesus. And pray for conviction.

Quote :
Where do you see yourself in five years?

If not dead, G-d knows.

Quote :
For what would you like people to remember you?

Facial hair.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:17 pm

what makes you happy?

what are you currently reading?

what's your favorite holiday and why?

if you could have any pet, what would it be?

how often do you talk to Jaz on the phone?

what's your favorite candy?

do you have any stuffed animals? or any you can remember particularly liking as a kid?

do I ever cheer you up?

do you realize how much I want to HUG you?
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:22 pm

yasminspired wrote:
what makes you happy?

Music. Playing music. Reading.

Quote :
what are you currently reading?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Quote :
what's your favorite holiday and why?

Eh, I don't know. I don't think I have a favorite. Maybe Christmas.

Quote :
if you could have any pet, what would it be?

Cat.

Quote :
how often do you talk to Jaz on the phone?

A little less frequently than I do you.

Quote :
what's your favorite candy?

I don't like Candy.

Quote :
do you have any stuffed animals? or any you can remember particularly liking as a kid?

I have a stuffed pig.

Quote :
do I ever cheer you up?

All the time Smile

Quote :
do you realize how much I want to HUG you?

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:24 pm

=D

you probably don't, hahah.

and how come you don't get on aim anymore?
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:55 pm

High Voltage wrote:

Quote :

Casual sex.

No, just kidding. Um. I'm a hard person to love and/or be friends with. So. I'd have to say... continual understanding and determination.

dang...... sounds like casual sex would be the best option here. sorry, i'm 3,000 miles away. lol (and in case anyone thinks i'm serious..... i'm kidding!!!!)

WAIT A MINUTE>>>>>

so just WHY are you so hard to love and befriend? don't you like having friends, dude???
have people let you down in the past?? (other than gf's)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:46 am

Hillsongs needs a Christian Anarchist or hundred. Haha.

What's made you stick around with this crew (CPunks-KX-Danger Brigade-hippieboards-newhippieboards) all these years? Seriously? (srs interview question)

What is the best concert you've ever been to?

Which concert have you not been to yet but really want to?

When are you visiting me again? (omg another srs interview question)
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 4:45 pm

what do you think is your best character trait?

do you believe in aliens? ghosts? sea monstahs?

if you could bring any fictional creature or character to life, what/who would it be?

what was your senior quote?

what is your biggest pet peeve?

what act or decision in your life do you look back on and think "nice going Ty-man!" and not even in a sarcastic way?
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:10 pm

Shadowmancer Returns wrote:
Hillsongs needs a Christian Anarchist or hundred. Haha.

Good point. I shall continue my life of rebellion.

Quote :
What's made you stick around with this crew (CPunks-KX-Danger Brigade-hippieboards-newhippieboards) all these years? Seriously? (srs interview question)

Oh boy. I don't know. I can remember being picked on as a twelve year old on the forums at CP, which made me determined to become at least semi-capable of being respected on the internets (a grand task). So at first it was just a determination to be seen as someone whose posts were worth reading. Then I actually formed relationships with you guys. And now it's because I like talking to ya'll.

Quote :
What is the best concert you've ever been to?

The Snake The Cross The Crown, Manchester Orchestra, Piebald and mewithoutYou in Detroit. Got to hang with Aaron and meet James all in one blow.

Quote :
Which concert have you not been to yet but really want to?

I've always wanted to see Bright Eyes live, and I'm going to see Conor on the 24th, so yeah.

Quote :
When are you visiting me again? (omg another srs interview question)

Sometime this year. I'm moving to Australia in January, so we shall see.
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Quote :
what do you think is your best character trait?

Ummm. My ability to forgive.

Quote :
do you believe in aliens? ghosts? sea monstahs?

Yesh.

Quote :
if you could bring any fictional creature or character to life, what/who would it be?

Barbarella.

Quote :
what was your senior quote?

I was actually omitted from the yearbook for being too much of a douche.

Quote :
what is your biggest pet peeve?

Christians who are pro war.

Quote :
what act or decision in your life do you look back on and think "nice going Ty-man!" and not even in a sarcastic way?

Quitting my job about two minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
ichthuz

ichthuz

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 5:42 pm

do you have any beliefs which you secretly wonder whether you hold only because they sound good?

do you have any skeletons in your closet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.danielcoulbourne.com/
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 am

you quit 2 minutes ago??? yowza!

i think change is good. i think sometimes we just gotta GO FOR IT and see what happens,
without planning every little detail in advance. God will provide.

if you need any info on australia, i'll hook you up with my bud on firestream, he's a nice guy.
or just go there and look for IronGuardian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:16 am

whose bones would you grind to make your bread?

transubstantiation?

1, 2, 7, ...?

what band would you most like to open for?

have you ever showered with clothing on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #3 - High Voltage   Member Interview #3 - High Voltage Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Interview #3 - High Voltage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next