Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just call me John Scott

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Just call me John Scott Empty
PostSubject: Just call me John Scott   Just call me John Scott EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Quoted from my blog.

ben-hughes.blogspot.com wrote:
Well, yesterday was a new thing for me. I started out in a semi-not-so-good-mood. Mostly just because I got called into work on my day off, which wasn't terrible, but not what I wanted to do on my day off. Who cares, I got to make more money, right?

Anyways, after the end of the day, which was around 5:10 when I got off work, I headed out to the church to get ready for worship practice for youth church. This is pretty routine. The events that unfolded were not quite so routine.

I had forgotten, but was not unprepared, that Alec was going to be stepping in and playing on the worship team for Wednesday night youth church. I've been playing pretty close to every week for almost 7 years, which is quite a while! Alec is going to be filling in for me while I sort of transition out of it. So, I ended up seeing him and helping him get situated with where everything is and such on the bass amp (in case you want to know, it is a Behringer Ultrabass BX4500H head on a Behringer Ultrabass BA810 cab, it's awesome).

Basically it went like this. They all started playing, and I stood near Alec in case he had any questions or anything of the sort. He sounded good, he was nervous and didn't know the songs that well. I think once he gets comfortable he will be really good at it!

So, after practice was finished I said to my brother-in-law Kyle, who is the youth pastor, that since Alec would be playing that evening I could play organ if he wanted! What am I thinking? I have never done anything of the sort, and didn't even practice! Oh well, I know where all the notes are, I know who to make a chord major or minor, it's pretty easy to play organ compared to piano... this was my thought process on deciding it was a good idea!

Well, after the battle of trying to figure out exactly how to get the thing turned on, (I called Nathan so he could tell me), I got it working. It sounded kind of funny, so Kyle came and restarted it for me and it sounded normal.

We play.

I had fun playing. I felt like I was blasting everyone off the stage... which I probably wasn't, because I play louder on bass. Rhianna, my sister, said I was very quiet, but I could hear myself and I thought it sounded good. I just didn't always know where to go so quickly through the fast songs.

All in all, I wouldn't mind doing it again. My piano teacher would be proud!

Visit the blog for more stories yet to come just like this!
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Just call me John Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just call me John Scott   Just call me John Scott EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 10:15 pm

That's lovely, Ben. Good story.
Back to top Go down

Just call me John Scott
Page 1 of 1