Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2009 is off to a great start

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin

Austin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-08-14

2009 is off to a great start Empty
PostSubject: 2009 is off to a great start   2009 is off to a great start EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:09 pm

...in the metal realm thus far. some of my favorites that have been released thus far-

2009 is off to a great start 0270789391_s
buried inside- spoils of failure. it's been almost 5 years since their last album dropped, and I've anxiously been waiting for this to come out... it does not disappoint. crushing doesn't begin to describe the sonic onslaught that this album delivers. if you've ever claimed to like any sludge or doom with a progressive edge, this album is a must have.

2009 is off to a great start 2865
obscura- cosmogenesis. this album is what Death probably would have turned into if they took speed every day (and chuck was still alive... RIP). ex pestilence & necrophagist, fast and furious progressive tech metal that will leave your head spinning. huge emphasis on the bass, which cuts through like a knife- very much reminiscent of tony choy of atheist's style.

2009 is off to a great start 49836c9747bee
the bakerton group- el rojo. this album might not be metal, but it kicks ass. featuring all the members of clutch plus one from opeth, this progressive rock / blues band has a really awesome jazz twist that makes for a great listen. great bass and keyboard lines strewn about.

2009 is off to a great start 0270751973_s
antigama- warning. I got this grind/tech metal band's last album, resonance in to review a couple of years ago, and loved it, but still felt they hadn't reached their full potential. enter- this album. the riffs, drum fills and vocal patterns will bend your mind beyond recognition. a unique, intense listen that will leave you feeling like your body just went through a meat grinder (in a good way).

2009 is off to a great start Thryfing-hels
thryfing- hels vite. black/symphonic/folk metal from sweden, really tight sound that makes for some epic songs. a little repetitive at points, but still, a great album overall.

I might upload some of these if anyone wants them, but check shareminer.com first so my lazy ass doesn't have to do any grunt work. THX and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Hands

Cougar Hands

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: 2009 is off to a great start   2009 is off to a great start EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 1:55 am

New Buried Inside sounds muthafuckin tight!
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: 2009 is off to a great start   2009 is off to a great start EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Will check out these albums. 2009 should be a good year for metal. In addition to these, you also have new releases from Absu, Blut aus Nord, Callisto, Ephel Duath, Giant Squid, In Vain, ISIS!!!, Mastodon, Woe of Tyrants, and Wolves in the Throne Room. I am very excited!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/amandaandanthony1
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 2009 is off to a great start   2009 is off to a great start EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 am

Yay for new maudlin of the Well, Wolves in the Throne Room, and Isis!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 is off to a great start   2009 is off to a great start Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 is off to a great start
Page 1 of 1