Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What has everyone been up to?

Go down 
+15
sidekick
ckile
Austin
glhxckid
Cath
Iskall
High Voltage
fairydust
franky
atomiccheeseburger
screams
notdoneyet
kirsty
yasminspired
Kelticmaddox
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2008-08-11

What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 2:09 pm

It was! I almost actually joined up with them for the rest of the tour to sell merch for them so they wouldn't have to worry about running back and forth between sets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 pm

but you abandoned them instead?? k

Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
glhxckid

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Got a job this week at subway. The past 3 days have probably been the worst of my life. The food sucks, and subway in general sucks.

Not happy that school is starting soon... but it's my last year. So yay!

My band recently recorded a split album with Miles From Vega, and we're working on a TON of new songs and getting shirts printed, and we're playing a bunch of huge shows soon; possibly one with Russian Circles next spring after their European tour. Excited!

I've also been writing a lot. I think I'd like to go to school for something that has to do with film, preferably screenwriting.

Also, just hanging with friends, going to tons of shows, going for walks, playing video games, drinking lots of pepsi, and not eating enough, the appleseed cast, and tons of other shit.

I've definitely missed this place.

Last edited by james on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Hahahaha, James is a stoner now!

It'sokmetoocough.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 9:36 pm

lolol. thb be tokin' it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
Cath

Cath

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2008 11:13 pm

tisk tisk
Back to top Go down
Austin

Austin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:11 pm

let's see,

got back from spain mid-may. best 5 months ever, amazing experience overall... can't wait to go back.

readjusted back to life in the states. first month absolutely SUCKED (especially the part where I had to go back to work 2 days after flying back), but I got used to it.

broke up with the girl I was with for 9 months. tried to end it on a good note but she would not have any of it (I was her first boyfriend, so she got really REALLY attatched). guessing she will probably stalk me at school since she still can't let go... creeepy.

got back together with ex from highschool, no strings attatched and it's going great.

worked my ass off for the past 3 months, 50 hour weeks doing apartment maintenence. I work with a bunch of cool dudes but the work itself/my boss are the worst. stoked on tomorrow being my last day.

argos checkmate more or less broke up...

...but on a lighter note, I'm still very involved musically. me, the two guitarists from AC, and my friend jarod from high school (drummer) have been working on covering between the buried and me's colors from front to back. so far we've finished the first 3 tracks (foam born a & b, informal gluttony), and it sounds fucking tight. hopefully we'll be able to finish it by the time the new year comes around, maybe even play it live a couple times. we pretty much got into doing it to become more proficient at our respective instruments, and I feel it's helped us all immensely.

starting up a hip hop project with my friend RJ at school. will be working a ton on that this semester.

got elected metal director at the school's radio station, which opens up a ton of doors as far as promotion, booking shows, setting up interviews, getting free tickets, and getting exposed to new music goes. amped.

tried mushrooms for the first time. holy fuck.

aaaand a bunch of other stuff, but that's the meat and potatoes of it all. it's good to have some semblance of a board again, hopefully this one catches FIYAAHHH
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 am

Ahhhh, mushrooms! I'm scared of them and won't touch them. Was your trip good or bad or just plain weird? I'm terrified of having a bad trip.
Back to top Go down
https://ohlovely.forumotion.net
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 402

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 11:22 am

i got a new job in a daycare that starts monday, so i probably won't be on here at much, but i WILL be sure to check in at least every few days to see what everyone is up to and get a few laughs. hahaha

first full time job in 15 years. damn! but i need the cash. my cali trip turned out to be $6,000. that's what i got for treating everyone i guess. but it was worth it. yea...certainly was.
Back to top Go down
ckile

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Moved to MN

Got dumped by Sam after two years of dating, haha (knew this was coming which is part of the reason why I finally decided to move. I'm basically her first boyfriend, she wants to know who/what else is out there, etc etc etc.)

Finally will be going to school after taking a year off

Went to Six Flags/Chicago for a weekend with Brent and his parents. Super super fun.

Trying to find a job

That's my summerrrrr so far flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 12:58 pm

ckile wrote:

Got dumped by Sam after two years of dating, haha (knew this was coming which is part of the reason why I finally decided to move. I'm basically her first boyfriend, she wants to know who/what else is out there, etc etc etc.)

Damn. I'm sorry, dude.
Back to top Go down
sidekick

sidekick

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:42 pm

-took an 8 AM daily summer photography class for the first half of the summer
-got an internship
-got done with the class, started working 8.5/9 hours a day at my internship (unpaid, by the way). I get done with it next Friday.
-missed out on Cornerstone Festival because I couldn't miss a week for the internship
-went on a week-long tour with my band, almost died once, van broke down twice, lost a lot of money, played a couple horrible shows, met some really cool people, had tons of fun, lost a lot of my favorite clothes
-wrote a couple new songs with the band. I like them. Practiced a lot to get ready to go into the best studio in Iowa
-moved into my first apartment, got really hungry all the time
-found out my band's studio time didn't get booked
-didn't really see my girlfriend all summer due to her working at a summer camp, which sucked.
-she just moved into an apartment in town and we've spent a lot of time talking about important things
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/atombender
Austin

Austin

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Kelticmaddox wrote:
Ahhhh, mushrooms! I'm scared of them and won't touch them. Was your trip good or bad or just plain weird? I'm terrified of having a bad trip.

it was incredible- definitely an eye opening experience. lasted about 6 hours, and in came and went in phases... I peaked around hour 4, and man it was intense.

get on AIM sometime, I'll tell you all about it!
Back to top Go down
how attractive!

how attractive!

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Kind of working
Playing a lot of guitar hero 3
Listening to music
Writing Poetry
Not studying for the PSATs
Not doing my math
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:00 pm

Austin wrote:
Kelticmaddox wrote:

it was incredible- definitely an eye opening experience. lasted about 6 hours, and in came and went in phases... I peaked around hour 4, and man it was intense.

get on AIM sometime, I'll tell you all about it!

I've been told that if you're a paranoid or anxious person not to try shrooms. My first few experiences with weed were not pleasant because I got really paranoid. It's better now. But I think I'll stay away from shrooms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:07 pm

started at a new bible college in dallas,
getting used to living with new people in a new town..

i kind of just wish i could skip this part and already have friends and stuff Neutral
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Move to san francisco, Jaz, we can hang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:12 pm

haha for sure..

oh ! tyler!
there is this boy here named brandt who looks exactly like you.
its a little creepy.
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Probably not.

What I look like now:
What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 Vin-diesel-picture-1\
Back to top Go down
ckile

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Why are you squinting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:16 pm

so...youre gay now?
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:17 pm

No

ckile wrote:
Why are you squinting?

Because I'm so fuckin cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:20 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Seriously tho, I have no hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 pm

and manboobs? pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has everyone been up to?   What has everyone been up to? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has everyone been up to?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oh Lovely :: The Basics :: Talking about stuff-
Jump to: