Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Family Guy and Sarah Palin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

Family Guy and Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Family Guy and Sarah Palin   Family Guy and Sarah Palin EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 am

Sometimes one line is all it takes. In a February episode of family guy—a show not exactly intended for the entire family—a character with Down syndrome says, "My dad's an accountant, and my mom's the former governor of Alaska." Cue the real former governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, whose youngest child, Trig, has Down syndrome. She was not happy with the episode, and made it known on Facebook and on the air.

But Andrea Fay Friedman, the actress who played the Family Guy character and who herself has Down syndrome, said in an email to the New York Times,"I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor." She also noted, "My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes." Ouch.family guy dvd series
Back to top Go down

Family Guy and Sarah Palin
Page 1 of 1