Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To those who live in California or know the area

Go down 
+2
High Voltage
screams
6 posters
AuthorMessage
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-11

To those who live in California or know the area Empty
PostSubject: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Brittany and I are thinking about going somewhere in southern California, on the coast, for our honeymoon. We kind of want to go to a smaller touristy beach town with a hotel right next to the beach if possible. I really have no idea of good places in Cali, so I'm clueless. If anyone has been there, I think we want to find somewhere similar to Seaside, OR.

Heh, long shot... but if anyone has any ideas that'd be great!
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 am

Eureka, California for sure dude.

Tiny little town on the coast. Beautiful. Friendly people. Awesome bed and breakfasts. It's the shit.

It's not southern california tho. But it's perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 402

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 10:52 am

depends how much $$ you've got to spare. lots of nice beaches, all you have to do is drive down the coast. lajolla is VERY ritzy, has this little cove there where people scuba dive. so is the island of coronado...damn...i loved it there. (spent an afternoon) the sand even has these gold flecks in it, and the hotel is beautiful, but costs about $1300 or more a night.

i spent a week in southern cali in july, and i freaking LOVED IT! those people don't know how lucky they have it, living where the weather is perfect year round. i'd love to live the rest of my life sitting on a beach in coronado. gonna go there again next summer, hopefully. Smile

you a member of triple AAA? lots of info there in tourbooks, etc. .....or just google stuff. lol
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 2:56 pm

I've been looking around on priceline and I figure for the both of us for a week stay we are going to try to keep airline and accommodations around $2000.
Back to top Go down
ichthuz

ichthuz

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 2:59 pm

fairydust wrote:

you a member of triple AAA?

so ummm

triple A
or
AAA
triple AAA
would be
AAAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
http://www.danielcoulbourne.com/
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 8:35 pm

^Nice.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 8:44 pm

whew...my post was waaay too long, so i deleted it.

Last edited by fairydust on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 5:44 pm

i really liked venice when i was there, and it sure is touristy.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:17 pm

I think we have actually just decided on San Diego. There is a nice Holiday Inn about a mile from the airport, with lots of free shuttle rides to places like the zoo and Legoland. For $150 we can get a book with passes to those attractions too.

The flight and hotel is about $1700 altogether.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:31 am

san diego is great. take your wife to horton plaza in downtown san diego. it's an outdoor 5 level mall and very colorful.

i'm glad for you. you'll have a great time. the views are lovely. make sure you go over the huge bridge to coronado for an afternoon or so. i'm tellin ya.... it's very nice to chill there on the beach. my son and i drove past this little house selling for 13 million bucks, right on the ocean facing the san diego bay. i've heard of location, location, location, but that's ridiculous.

PS: i saw alot of advertising
for legoland, but we didn't go
there. maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:40 am

We wanted to get away from the rain and cold. We've been to San Diego in passing twice each. We normally fly in there every time we go on our mission trips to Mexico. We don't know the area by any means, but we've seen it and like it enough to want to go there again.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 pm

my bro moved there 30 years ago. i visited him then and came home to cleveland.
now i wish i would have moved there. oh well......

so WHEN are you getting married?
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:29 am

August 1st is the date. We will probably be down there from the 2-9 if we can. I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To those who live in California or know the area   To those who live in California or know the area Empty

Back to top Go down

To those who live in California or know the area
Page 1 of 1