Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

so...I'm officially getting married in about a month

Go down 
+2
High Voltage
notdoneyet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
notdoneyet

notdoneyet

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-08-11

so...I'm officially getting married in about a month Empty
PostSubject: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:30 pm

And...though I haven't had time to be on here in awhile someone requested I post update info so here goes:

We're getting married hopefully on the 28th of February though we still need to talk to the pastor to set a time.
We're not dressing like a typical couple (so no official wedding dress etc) since we're doing a small ceremony with just immediate family and a big wedding later this fall or maybe next fall it's up in the air. I have narrowed it down to two options as to what I'm going to wear and I'm asking for a lot of people's opinions. I'm also apparently pretty much gonna be disowned by my dad cus my step mom's being a bitch about all of this so...woo.
Back to top Go down
Santa

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Why two weddings?
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:43 pm

I seriously wish I could find a girl who would want a super informal wedding.

Not like, a vegas wedding. But something small, no fancy clothes, something intimate and special. Nothing blown out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic
notdoneyet

notdoneyet

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Santa wrote:
Why two weddings?
We need to get married and have paperwork done before March 15th because from March 15th until May 5th my fiance won't exist on his military base and it would create massive problems because we're having to move everything from the Indiana/Tennesse to California and there's no way it would work out to do it any other way. I'm the only girl in my family and I want to have a "big wedding." I've also always wanted to have it in the fall so we're having an informal wedding now so we can be official and then we're going to have a roughly inexpensive wedding in the fall where we'll have bridesmaids..bestmen...a dress etc.

I'm actually really excited about this being informal because the big part is pretty much going to be a huge party we're having afterward for all of our friends and family...should be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:48 pm

So it's kind of like you are renewing your vows mixed with a reception a few months after the legal part of the wedding. That is kind of neat.
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:48 pm

aw, congratulations liz! I'm so happy for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 402

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 4:04 pm

like you already know, i am so cheers for you too!

about the wedding thing...hey.... it is YOUR wedding, so you do that YOU want. if i could find someone that i truly loved and they loved me back...shit... i'd get married in a burlap sack (with nothing underneath, of course). lol

do what the two of you want and don't worry about anyone else. this is a very special time in your life.

enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
notdoneyet

notdoneyet

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:05 pm

awww thanks guys! We've got pretty much everything arranged...had to buy rings and hopefully they'll be sized before the wedding but we're cutting it about a day too close to the estimated time they told us. I felt a bit stupid not knowing they only stock rings in two sizes lol.
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:43 pm

congratulations! two of my close friends got married on a showstring budget last fall and it was really really nice. We pretty much rented out a lodge (read: large log cabin), had a short ceremony performed by a friend and proceeded to drink ourselves stupid. it was a very "real" feeling wedding because the focus of the ceremony was the two people rather than all the decorations, food, whatever.

on a side note i passed out super drunk in my suit on a table, but this wasn't really out of place at that wedding so it wasn't the least bit embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so...I'm officially getting married in about a month   so...I'm officially getting married in about a month Empty

Back to top Go down

so...I'm officially getting married in about a month
Page 1 of 1