Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apprentice auction prize slow in coming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

Apprentice auction prize slow in coming Empty
PostSubject: Apprentice auction prize slow in coming   Apprentice auction prize slow in coming EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:28 pm

The winner of a charity auction involving Phoenix footballers that features in tonight's final of the The Apprentice feels "ripped off" as she has not received her prize months after paying for it.

"This is a woeful example of cutting and running that is simply unacceptable," Leanne Masters said. "I feel disappointed and ripped off."

Mrs Masters, from Wellington, said she and her sister paid $350 for a silent auction prize valued at $2000 for three Phoenix players to come to her house to teach soccer skills to children.

The club, owned by developer and The Apprentice star Terry Serepisos, The Simpsons dvd was also meant to send a player to deliver a motivational speech to her workplace. South park dvd

The invitation-only auction was a fundraiser for child health charity Curekids.

But Mrs Masters alleges that, when she tried to claim the prize, Disney dvd set|Disney dvd she was ignored by Redflame Media, the company that competition organisers advised her to contact.

She intended donating the motivational speech part of the prize to her son's school, but claims Redflame did not respond to phone, text or emails. family guy dvd|family guy

In February, a month after the auction, she contacted Nathan Greenham, the Phoenix's commercial operations manager and an adviser to Mr Serepisos on The Apprentice. Warner Bros DVD

Mr Greenham emailed her, apologising for taking "so long to tidy this up" and saying timing of the prize was "entirely dependent upon how far through the finals series we [the Phoenix] go". Dreamworks animation DVD| Dreamworks animation

He promised to arrange a suitable time and said: "I certainly have not forgotten about you." baby einstein dvd collection Mrs Masters said yesterday that she had heard nothing from Redflame or Mr Greenham since February.

She appreciated Phoenix players were busy that month but noted that the team's final game in the Hyundai A-League competition was on March 14. Dawson’s creek dvd box set

"I have been fobbed off and given the runaround by multiple people and no-one is taking responsibility." American dad dvd

Mr Greenham told The Dominion Post yesterday that the club would "absolutely" make sure Mrs Masters got her prize.

The timing was not good after the club's semifinal as players then went on leave for six to seven weeks, he said. Aladdin dvd| Aladdin"But with your reminder I will give her a call and see what we can arrange."

Mrs Masters said she also bid $400 for a magnum of wine signed by Prime Minister John Key. Naruto dvd|Naruto That prize was honoured within two days of contacting Mr Key's office.

"I know the Phoenix are busy, but so is the prime minister. Thankfully he stands by his personal commitments." married with children dvd|married with children
Back to top Go down

Apprentice auction prize slow in coming
Page 1 of 1