Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'American Idol' - 'Three Finalists Compete' Recap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

'American Idol' - 'Three Finalists Compete' Recap Empty
PostSubject: 'American Idol' - 'Three Finalists Compete' Recap   'American Idol' - 'Three Finalists Compete' Recap EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:30 am

I've got to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by this Top 3. Hogan’s Heroes DVD Set Crystal, Casey and Lee are performing tonight, and I honestly can't think of any other contestants I would rather be in their place. Prison Break DVD There's no real theme tonight, but each contestant is singing two songs: one that they picked, and one that the judges chose for them.Ben 10 Alien Force DVD Set

It's always pretty interesting to see how each song choice goes over. Generally the ones they choose for themselves kind of suck, The Simpsons dvd because they end up being more indulgent. The best performances this season have often been with songs that weren't necessarily in the contestant's wheelhouse -- it helps keep things unexpected. South park dvd

Casey James is up first, singing 'Okay, Disney dvd set|Disney dvdIt's Alright with Me,' by Eric Hutchinson. I fully admit that I'm not familiar with the original, so I don't really have a basis of comparison. However, it doesn't blow me away. family guy dvd|family guyCasey performs the song really well, and is clearly enjoying himself, but it's pretty generic. I automatically tuned out and just listened to it like I listen to any other folksy-blues song on the Coffeehouse radio station on Sirius. Warner Bros DVD

Randy basically agrees, saying that it was "just alright" with him. Dreamworks animation DVD| Dreamworks animationHe points out that we're down to the wire, and Casey can't afford to do a safe, easy kind of song like that. Ellen goes on and on about nothing, really, but she says "die" a lot, which makes Casey nervous. baby einstein dvd collectionIn the end though, she agrees with Randy. Kara brings up the fact that it's hard to pick a song that nobody knows, because he can't really make it his own. Simon calls him a "salad," and says that he sounded like he was "busking for a couple of dollars," but he sounded good. Dawson’s creek dvd box set

Crystal Bowersox is singing Melissa Etheridge's 'Come to my Window' as her first song, and it's hard to imagine a way in which this could go wrong. American dad dvdSure, there's the danger of her being too much of a sound-alike, but overall, come on. It's Crystal, and it's Melissa Etheridge. That just makes sense. Surprisingly, Aladdin dvd| Aladdinthere actually a couple of places in which she hits some weird notes, but she kind of goes crazy with it (in a good way) at the end, which totally makes up for it in my book. Naruto dvd|Naruto

Randy didn't love the arrangement, Dragon Ball Z DVDs
but he loved her vocal. Ellen thinks it was a good song choice, and that Melissa would be very proud of her. Kara says that Crystal was fighting with the arrangement because her voice doesn't have the rasp of Etheridge's, but that it was a good vocal nonetheless. Simon agrees with the other three. Dragon Ball Z DVD set
He doesn't think it was the most stunning version of the song that they're ever going to hear, but he loves the fact that she hasn't compromised herself as an artist. Bleach DVD and Bleach
Back to top Go down

'American Idol' - 'Three Finalists Compete' Recap
Page 1 of 1