Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What 'Lone Star' Cancelation Says About the State of Network TV

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

What 'Lone Star' Cancelation Says About the State of Network TV Empty
PostSubject: What 'Lone Star' Cancelation Says About the State of Network TV   What 'Lone Star' Cancelation Says About the State of Network TV EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:20 am

Well, it's official: Fox has canceled 'Lone Star.'Ghost Whisperer DVD season

The network announced that 'Lie to Me'Ghost Whisperer DVDs will occupy the show's former time slot as of Monday.

It's depressing that a promising, Ghost Whisperer 1-5 DVD complex show got canned so quickly. But what's truly troubling is that the death of Futurama Box Set 'Lone Star' is a symptom of everything that has gone wrong at the Futurama DVD Season broadcast networks.

Any critic who sat through all the fall pilotsFuturama 1-5 Box Set this year will tell you the same thing: They were mostly bad.

And they weren't bad in "let's try this crazy Married with children DVD idea!" ways. They were just boring. The broadcast network dramas that made my married with children box set Fall's Best New Shows list definitely weren't groundbreaking in any way.married with children dvd season They were simply the best of a pallid bunch and decently married with children dvds executed examples of a few different TV genres.

On the derivative shows that the broadcast Medium1-6 DVD networks came up with, the edges were worn down and most of the characters were Medium DVD Box Set blandified to the point of irrelevance. 'Lone Star,' which hewed to no Medium DVD Season particular formula, was the exception.

Given that the one show that got through Thomas & Friends the broadcast network filtering process died a quick death, will next year's crop Thomas & Friends dvds of shows be even worse? I fear that may be the case. I hope I'm wrong, but well buy Thomas & Friends before the death of 'Lone Star,' I had deep misgivings about the network Thomas and Friends movie show-creation process in general.

In yesterday's 'Talking TV with Ryan & Ryan' Walt Disney DVD podcast, veteran writer/producer Shawn Ryan ('Lie to Me,' 'Terriers,'Disney 100 years of Magic 'The Shield,' 'The Unit,' 'Ride-Along') unveiled a list of 'Five Things That Bother Showrunners.' One of those things Disney dvd box set is the "layers of network notes" that mess with the DNA Disney on dvd of almost every new and veteran show on TV.

"Notes" is the Hollywood term for feedback Disney movies dvd on scripts and episodes in progress, and most showrunners get notes Disney cartoons dvd from studio executives, network executives and various other people. Disney animation dvd Conversations with most writers and showrunners are rife with examples of notes that don't makes sense, Disney films dvd notes that contradict each other and cancel each other out and notes that reek of micromanagement. Writers of Disney classics dvd all shows get notes, but the process is apparently Disney classic movies dvd much worse and intrusive at the broadcast networks.

Back to top Go down

What 'Lone Star' Cancelation Says About the State of Network TV
Page 1 of 1