Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Interview #4 - kirsty

Go down 
+3
sidekick
kirsty
yasminspired
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Member Interview #4 - kirsty Empty
PostSubject: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:12 pm

yay go =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 3:17 pm

How old are you?

Do you have brothers and/or sisters? How old are they?

How did you feel about your family life growing up?

What do your parents do? Do you have a good relationship with them?

What made you smile today?
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Quote :
How old are you?
i'm 18

Quote :
Do you have brothers and/or sisters? How old are they?
three sisters and two brother in laws...
katy - 14
wendy - 28, married to kevin - 28
anna - 29, married to mike - 30

Quote :
How did you feel about your family life growing up?
honestly, i had a pretty relaxed childhood. my parents were never really too strict, there was nothing really out of the ordinary or anything... my family's a little eccentric sometimes, but other than that i'd say my family is/has been pretty decent.

Quote :
What do your parents do? Do you have a good relationship with them?
my dad is an artist, he owns his own company but also does contract work with other companies, so right now he's an art/marketing director at an offshore drilling company. i think he wants to retire soon though and just be an art teacher or musician... he and my mom have a "folk symphony" with some other people and they play at various events around my town in texas. my mom is a realtor and she sometimes substitutes at my old high school when they need her.

Quote :
What made you smile today?
christmas and candles! i was walking down fifth avenue and pier one had christmas stuff in already, and then i went to anthropologie and wanted seriously every candle in that whole store.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/humanskulls
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 pm

can you explain your religious beliefs?

how about political?

if you could move to any other country, which would it be and why?

regarding men, what would you say is your "type?"

what's your biggest fear?

how did your last relationship end?

what's your favorite scent?

what shampoo/conditioner do you use?

which celebrity would you throw against a wall and have your way with?

do you want kids?
Back to top Go down
sidekick

sidekick

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:56 pm

sup?

what are you studying? how's that going?

what do you believe are your best qualities?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/atombender
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Quote :
can you explain your religious beliefs?
christian... grew up in the church, just recently realized how important my beliefs really are

Quote :
how about political?
pro-life, constitutionalist, i'm halfway majoring in politics but i hate talking about politics

Quote :
if you could move to any other country, which would it be and why?
australia - cute boys with accents (shallow reason, oh well), or also new zealand - cute boys with accents and pretty land

Quote :
regarding men, what would you say is your "type?"
good question! i like two huge different categories: ultra preppy cocky asshole rich boys, which is i know horrible but i can't help it! i could never marry one or even be in a relationship with one unless he wasn't really an asshole, i just think they're cute. and then as far as actually liking and dating: funny, down to earth, boys with a cute style but not overly obsessed with clothes, boys with glasses, boys who are genuine and NICE and not annoying, humble boys

Quote :
what's your biggest fear?
failing out of college, no joke (not that i'm close, it's just a constant worry)

Quote :
how did your last relationship end?
well

Quote :
what's your favorite scent?
marc jacobs rain but i can't find it anywhere anymore! i just got ysl elle and it smells really good too, as well as victoria secret berry kiss, and then non-perfume scents ummm oh gosh like every other candle from voluspa, holiday scented candles, and then sharpies

Quote :
right now i switch between lush rehab shampoo and bed head manipulator shampoo and american cream conditioner

Quote :
which celebrity would you throw against a wall and have your way with?
jason schwartzman!!!, colin hanks, brad pitt, shiaaa, joshua jackson

Quote :
do you want kids?
yes! i think being a mom will be fun.

Quote :
sup?
i'm cold and just ate some apple slices, there are six people in my apartment right now, not that much is happening so i'm just giving you random facts haha

Quote :
what are you studying? how's that going?
politics, philosophy and economics. it's going pretty well, but i think i want to actually major in marketing, but my school doesn't offer that, so i'm probably going to switch to business with a focus in media... we'll see! i love my writing classes, though, and my politics classes are really eye-opening.

Quote :
what do you believe are your best qualities?
i'm honest, i'm sometimes funny (irl haha not so much on here), i love cute things? that's not really a quality though, er i think i'm definitely better at pointing out my worst qualities but i'm trying not to do that, i'm really good at matching colors together (i took an aptitude test and i got a perfect score in the color section), and i can make a mean quiche.
Back to top Go down
Existential Cat

Existential Cat

Number of posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 am

middle name?

are you happy?

depression?

what color(s) or scheme, do you best like?

do you still yell at the guys in the other building?

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Name the movie that last question was from?

do you like loofas?

does New York make you nervous? Do you ever go out by yourself?

Where were you residing before New York?
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:17 pm

kirsty wrote:

Quote :
right now i switch between lush rehab shampoo and bed head manipulator shampoo and american cream conditioner

Yay, Lush stuff! Don't you love the smell of Rehab? I'm going to use the rest of mine as a body wash.

Can I be you for a day?

Favorite type of mint? (Flavor and/or brand)

Favorite type of gum? (Flavor and/or brand)

Do you like bananas?

Favorite language or language you would like to learn the most? And why?

Top favorite movies?

Current favorite bands?

Current favorite female muscians?

Favorite artists/illustrators?
Back to top Go down
https://ohlovely.forumotion.net
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Quote :
middle name?
lynn (i'm not a fan)

Quote :
are you happy?
yes! sometimes i miss texas/my friends but i'd say i'm pretty happy here.

Quote :
depression?
i've never really been in depression. i think the closest i've ever come is when my best friend's brother died. he and i were close and his death sort of shook up my whole town. i guess i'm pretty lucky.

Quote :
what color(s) or scheme, do you best like?
i love almost transparent light green with light transparent brown mixed with very very light yellow and/or a pale rose color.

Quote :
do you still yell at the guys in the other building?
yes! but there's a new guy and they had to change the desks around so we talk less now. we still wave everyday! i think my roommates are making them cookies soon, too.

Quote :
English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
pulp fiction!

Quote :
Name the movie that last question was from?
bam i did it before even reading this one hahah

Quote :
do you like loofas?
not the natural, tan/scratchy ones, but the other kind that are woven out of like awkward knit cloth or whatever i like, but i am always paranoid that germs stay on it so i get new ones frequently.

Quote :
does New York make you nervous? Do you ever go out by yourself?
i thought it would, and sometimes it does (like if i'm walking through a subway station or a dark street and there are scary looking creep men around me), but for the most part not at all. and i go out by myself all the time! where i live (midtown), it's like deserted at night so it's sometimes a little creepy to be out there alone any time past, like, 12:30, but other parts of the city i feel totally safe. i feel like i started rambling, i hope i answered your question.

Quote :
Where were you residing before New York?
in a small texas town in the golden triangle, about an hour away from houston, and an hour and a half away from austin
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 1:06 pm

Kelticmaddox wrote:
kirsty wrote:

Quote :

Yay, Lush stuff! Don't you love the smell of Rehab? I'm going to use the rest of mine as a body wash.

Can I be you for a day?
i do love the smell of rehab! it's refreshing. and yes you can be me for a day, but i promise you, it's not that great.

Quote :
Favorite type of mint? (Flavor and/or brand)
breath savers spearmint, white tic tacs (although they aren't that effective in making breath smell good), or any mint that comes in a cute case. OH! tic tacs in the huge blue case that are called something stupid that i can't remember but they are so good.

Quote :
Favorite type of gum? (Flavor and/or brand)
extra apple flavor i think, but i also like hmmm minty gum that comes in strips, i don't like gum that comes in little like... rectangles? that kind of gum is hard and awkard

Quote :
Do you like bananas?
yes! but i never buy them here because i can only do like one a week because i get tired of them, and you can only buy them in bunches

Quote :
Favorite language or language you would like to learn the most? And why?
latin latin latin! i took years of it in high school but i would love to know it fluently. i love the way it flows, the structure, the simplicity... plus my latin teacher was so rooted in the classics that he sort of left some of that love for the language on everyone who took his class.

Quote :
Top favorite movies?
you've got mail, the royal tenenbaums, back to the future, hackers, mr. holland's opus, a beautiful mind, oceans 11, i know i'm forgetting some good ones

Quote :
Current favorite bands?
tom waits, deerhoof, the deadly syndrome, bon iver, green room rockers, and then a whole bunch of deep folk (i just listen to pandora when i study)

Quote :
Current favorite female muscians?
julia nunes, joanna newsom, regina spektor, jenny lewis, phoebe henry. i wish i knew more but i just haven't had time to find new music as of late.

Quote :
Favorite artists/illustrators?
edouard manet, jackson pollock, otto dix, and others... i'm not so good with names. for being the daughter of an artist, i do a horrible job at being cultured in art. i mean, i grew up with all different genres of art, and we have a ton of art books all over the house, but i haven't taken the time to really pick favorites. oh! local artist who i love: kelly conaway (http://www.kellyconaway.com/kellyweb/Artwork.html). lately i've been getting into photographers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 pm

where is your favorite place on earth?

what board member would you most enjoy an in person conversation with?

favorite animal?

favorite place to eat?

into any sports (viewing or playing)?
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 2:27 pm

What are some of your favorite Lush products and scents? I'll try to reccommend some other stuff that I think you'd like, as well as let you know some great holiday stuff that will be coming out soon.
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Kelticmaddox wrote:
What are some of your favorite Lush products and scents? I'll try to reccommend some other stuff that I think you'd like, as well as let you know some great holiday stuff that will be coming out soon.
hmm well i love peppermint and minty smelling things, but also fruity smelling things? i can tell you what i hate the smell of: lush's sex bath fizz thing. so basically recommend things that smell the exact opposite of that hahah.

Quote :
where is your favorite place on earth?
driving down back road close to my house in texas, or maybe less populated areas of central park (i love to sleep in central park, which is not good/makes me feel like a bum), or hm i don't know. actually scratch all of that, being on the water is my favorite place to be (sailing).

Quote :
what board member would you most enjoy an in person conversation with?
hm i don't know, maybe duckie or adam or tyler or austin?

Quote :
favorite animal?
i hate animals which makes me sound cruel but it's the sad truth

Quote :
favorite place to eat?
fast food - chipotle
sit down & eat - local tex-mex back home, here it would probably be a tie between two chinese takeout places, but like REAL restaurants, hm, i love a few little cafes on the upper east side, hm and also le bonne soup annnd as for like, normal food, i'd say the yacht club where i spend a lot of time during the summer. i can ask for ANYTHING (within reason) and they'll make it and it's always delicious!

Quote :
into any sports (viewing or playing)?
i have never been a sports fan, but my roommate is obsessed with the dallas cowboys so i usually end up watching that every week. i don't really do sports, unless you count sailing, in which case i am a badass haha, i love sailing. if texting was a sport i'd be pretty good at that, too.
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 pm

kirsty wrote:
Kelticmaddox wrote:
hmm well i love peppermint and minty smelling things, but also fruity smelling things? i can tell you what i hate the smell of: lush's sex bath fizz thing. so basically recommend things that smell the exact opposite of that hahah.

If you like mint, you should definately try Haagenbath bath bomb (which is one of my favorites and is unfortunately being discontinued). Its a nice minty chocolate scent. Also, Mask of Magnaminty is a great cooling facial mask, with intense mint chocolate.

Also try Ice Blue soap and Freeze Shower gel. Freeze is a retro item, so you'll have to order it online, but I really like it. And if you order online, also order Aura Saurvis Bubble bath...its got a great minty herbal smell.
Oh, and try Fair Trade Foot Lotion, its got a minty smell to it.

For fruity, check out:

Godmother Soap (musky cranberry/raspberry type scent),
Sultana of Soap (berry),
Sexy Peel soap (intense Grapefruit and citrus),
Bohemian soap (Lemon),
You Snap the Whip Body Butter (sweet berry and bergamont type scent),
Comforter bubble bath and solid perfume (same scent as You Snap the Whip)
Sweetie Pie shower jelly (berry scent, much like the Comforter and You Snap the Whip)
I Love Juicy Shampoo (bright citrus)
Avobath bath bomb (Lemongrass and citrus)
You've Been Mangoed bath melt (yummy mango and citrus)
Gold Star bubble bar (this is a holiday item, its a really intense citrus and frankenense smell)
Each Peach and Two's a Pear massage bar (citrus and grapefruit)
B Electro Soap (limited Edition, a more subdued citrus)
Big Calm Shower Jelly (coconutty, kinda like a Pina colada to me)
Whoosh Shower jelly (bright citrus)
Happy Hippy shower gel (grapefruit and citrus)
Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower gel (subdued cream and strawberries)

And for a combination of fruity and minty, try the Demon in the Dark soap, its got apple juice in it as well as Peppermint!

Sorry for taking over your thread, but I hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Existential Cat

Existential Cat

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 pm

kool-aid or lemonade?

hummus or couscous?

touch or smell?

tall or short?

favorite season?

favorite phase of the moon?

favorite day of the week?

comfort food?

comfort drink?
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:06 am

thanks yvonne! i'll check some of those out. there is a lush right across the street from me so i'll probably go today haha.

Quote :
kool-aid or lemonade?
lemonade all the way, with real lemons!

Quote :
hummus or couscous?
couscous for just eating because it's so good, hummus if i have a pita and if it's the right kind of hummus

Quote :
touch or smell?
smell!

Quote :
tall or short?
medium

Quote :
favorite season?
fall in new york, winter in texas

Quote :
favorite phase of the moon?
i don't know the phases, i guess full?

Quote :
favorite day of the week?
monday! and definitely thursday.

Quote :
comfort food?
pasta with various sauces, whipped mashed potatoes southern style, corn bread stuffing

Quote :
comfort drink?
loose chamomile tea freshly infused and warm

more questions everyone! haha i like this.
Back to top Go down
Existential Cat

Existential Cat

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 pm

what is your favorite Joanna Newsom song?

(that's all I've got at the moment)
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 1:38 pm

haha hmm either peach, plum, pear or inflammatory writ, or sprout and the bean or oh yean and glue. i'm conflicted! they're all good.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 3:09 pm

yay I'm so glad you want to have a conversation with me! you've been on my aim buddylist for a while but I never IM you. I worry lol.

what's the most forward way you've ever been hit on?

what's your favorite holiday?

what's the nicest thing anyone's ever given you?

if you were going to be stuck on an island for a year, what would be the one thing you'd take with you?

how many texts have you sent this month?

do you like musicals?

what is your guilty pleasure?

I thought of a bunch of questions for you earlier today, and I did write them on my hand, but then they got washed off! how does that make you feeel?
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Quote :
yay I'm so glad you want to have a conversation with me! you've been on my aim buddylist for a while but I never IM you. I worry lol.
haha don't worry, just IM me!

Quote :
what's the most forward way you've ever been hit on?
probably the drunk russian man coming up to me in duane reade telling me that when he saw me it made his heart skip a beat. but as far as real boys who i actually like, hm, i'm gonna have to think about it.

Quote :
what's your favorite holiday?
i'm a huge christmas fan, boring, i know

Quote :
what's the nicest thing anyone's ever given you?
gucci watch, or no, maybe a sailboat. probably the sailboat my aunt gave me, it was just a 420, and i don't have it anymore, but while i had it, it was nice.

Quote :
if you were going to be stuck on an island for a year, what would be the one thing you'd take with you?
i hate this question! probably some sort of device with access to every single old editorial/news piece, so i could speak intelligently after i left the island. or maybe unlimited art supplies, that would be sicccck.

Quote :
how many texts have you sent this month?
i text like it's my job, i don't even know... a lot. but substantially less than i did before moving to new york because since i walk everywhere, it's harder to text in between going places, whereas in texas i could text while i was driving/etc.

Quote :
do you like musicals?
yes! i wish i knew more of them but i do. except i really dislike musicals that are only sappy songs. i love lively musicals.

Quote :
what is your guilty pleasure?
shopping, specifically michael kors at lord and taylor and macy's and also marc jacobs ahhk and anthropologie and also shopping for household goods and candles and pretty much any shopping in general. and i don't have a job here and i just want to keep buying things and it's not good at all. haha

Quote :
I thought of a bunch of questions for you earlier today, and I did write them on my hand, but then they got washed off! how does that make you feeel?
haha aw that makes me feel happy a little bit but also VERY ANGRY (not really). remember them!
Back to top Go down
ichthuz

ichthuz

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 4:53 pm

music questions?

whats your favorite band?

favorite solo artist?

favorite solo artist with a band name (like machete avenue or bright eyes)?

favorite instrument?

do you play said instrument?

why the hell not?

favorite song?

recently?

of all time?

favorite singer/songwriter/highschool student/jesus lover/hippie/flip flop wearer/ green tea drinker/crooner/maryland citizen?
Back to top Go down
http://www.danielcoulbourne.com/
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 pm

Quote :
music questions?
yes!

Quote :
whats your favorite band?
danielson famile or modest mouse or ugh so many

Quote :
favorite solo artist?
ben folds, kanye west, devendra banhart

Quote :
favorite solo artist with a band name (like machete avenue or bright eyes)?
pedro the lion

Quote :
favorite instrument?
harp

Quote :
do you play said instrument?
i wish!

Quote :
why the hell not?
because they're expensive and hard to carry around

Quote :
favorite song?
every new day by five iron frenzy. forever.

Quote :
recently?
tom waits - gin soaked boy, hmmm also maybe to be loved - joan as police woman. lately i've been listening to my "classy" playlist, actually. and also a bunch of folk and bluegrass. nothing in particular.

Quote :
of all time?
the fif song, which is a little embarrassing because it's fif, but oh well. also maybe elvis costello's version of little boxes. er actually you know what, this question is TOO HARD haha

Quote :
favorite singer/songwriter/highschool student/jesus lover/hippie/flip flop wearer/ green tea drinker/crooner/maryland citizen?
if this is one person, i have no clue.
but if this is different people, then i'll just say the first that comes to mind...
etta james/atom and his package/my little sister!/mark driscoll/my friend lauren/my friend britt/i just had green tea ice cream at tasty d-lite and it was so goooood/lol/um probably yvonne because she's the only one i know haha. oh wait, i think i have family that lives there, too. oh well.
and if this was a song quote, i just epicly failed
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 12:27 am

kirsty wrote:
thanks yvonne! i'll check some of those out. there is a lush right across the street from me so i'll probably go today haha.

Awesome, let me know what you get!
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:22 am

do you drink/smoke/do any drugs or have you ever?

views on premarital sex?
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 2:04 pm

yasminspired wrote:
do you drink/smoke/do any drugs or have you ever?

views on premarital sex?

i don't drink, smoke or do drugs. i've drank before, and i see myself probably being a wine connoisseur later in life, but not right now. i've never smoked a cig but i've done hookah... hookah is so popular here! and nope i've never done any drugs. lol i have no street cred, i'm ok with that though.

my views on premarital sex are pretty traditional, don't do it. i just feel like you should wait until it's someone so important that you want to marry, and then when you have a person that spectacular, might as well just wait until marriage.

more more questions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #4 - kirsty   Member Interview #4 - kirsty Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Interview #4 - kirsty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next