Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity

Go down 
+2
bleed1more4me
yasminspired
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity Empty
PostSubject: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:30 am

interview joel, finally ;P
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
bleed1more4me

bleed1more4me

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 am

i have just one question......

if you were a drink mixed by a one eyed pirat ocopus pirate, using his 5th and 3rd arms, on the first day of winter, in the year 1639, on an island in the south pacific, being served to a monkey monkey who worked in the circus clown what flavor would you be? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amannamedbleed
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:52 pm

bleed1more4me wrote:
if you were a drink mixed by a one eyed pirat ocopus pirate, using his 5th and 3rd arms, on the first day of winter, in the year 1639, on an island in the south pacific, being served to a monkey monkey who worked in the circus clown what flavor would you be? scratch

Probably something that tastes like Corona with coconuts and white lotus in it.

But to get things started...

- My name is Joel.
- I'm 21.
- I currently work as a janitor, but am going back to college this summer to get certified in surgical technology (the guy who preps the patient and tools for operation). You know the guy who hands the doctor the scalpel? That will be me!
- If I like that job enough, I'm considering going to medical school.
- I'm in love with coffee, Asian food, graphic T's, and indie music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:43 am

you seem really interesting,
plus your first name is my middle name.
i think being a janitor would be sort of fun.
is it sort of fun?
post a picture of yourself!
do you like greek food?
Back to top Go down
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:11 am

Being a janitor has it's ups and downs. On one hand, no one cares what you look like, you (usually) don't have to deal with people directly, the work is pretty easy and I make a good living off of it.

On the other hand, the night hours suck (I can't go to 95% of concerts) and you can't make a career out of it. It's pretty physically demanding at times, and I'm going to need 3-4 full-body massages to work all of the knots and kinks out once I get a better job...

Here's a high-contrast picture of me:
Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity N1020200383_7733

My hair's a lot longer now and I've lost 10-15 lbs. since then.

Greek food is definitely on my list!! My roommate's girlfriend used to work at a Greek restaurant and would always bring home feta, pita, and lamb. Haven't had any proper dishes yet, but I'm looking forward to it! I really enjoy most foreign cuisine.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:56 pm

DO YOU LIKE SWORDS?
Back to top Go down
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Not really, not very big on weapons.
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Where exactly did you get your screenname from?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/amandaandanthony1
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:52 pm

It comes from the Kayo Dot song, "The Manifold Curiosity". Cool One of my favorite songs of all time, and I think it describes my mentality (manifold means "many, varied").
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:07 pm

I really should have known that. Guess I need to listen to more Kayo Dot.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/amandaandanthony1
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Laughing Nothing wrong with listening to more K-Dot!

That song also marked a transition of sorts for me, from the aggressive, visceral, bleaker tones of metal to something more warm, calm, introspective, and profound. Kind of like a first trip, almost!
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 pm

do you do any drugs?
do you drink?
what are your spiritual views?
what's your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
who's your favorite author?
what are you currently reading?
what's the most amazing thing about you?
Back to top Go down
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:15 pm

yasminspired wrote:
do you do any drugs?
No. I was looking into "legal highs" like salvia, kratom, etc. but I found the bad outweighed the good. I want an experience, but I don't think drugs will be the best way to do it so I'll stick to music.

Quote :
do you drink?
Not anymore. I can't stand the taste of alcohol, plus I've noticed a trend of drinks tasting good on the first drink but very quickly going downhill. I've tried a lot of varieties, too (rum, win, tequila, vodka) but I didn't like anything and it's pretty expensive.

Quote :
what are your spiritual views?
Atheist and/or secular humanist fit the best, I think. I don't believe in anything spiritual or supernatural, but I'm not militant about it and I enjoy debating religious subjects (while avoiding the winless wars of the existence of God and evolution vs. creationism). I used to be Christian until I realized one night that it didn't work out for me anymore.

Quote :
what's your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Watching YouTube videos!

Quote :
who's your favorite author?
H.P. Lovecraft. I've yet to come across someone with an imagination anything like his.

Quote :
what are you currently reading?
Nothing at the moment. I have been meaning to dust off the copy of "Brave New World" that I have...

Quote :
what's the most amazing thing about you?
Oh lord... I think it's my ability to memorize a huge amount of random info. Real world applications? Next to none. Trivial Pursuit applications? Smile
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:41 pm

can you just spew out random fun facts then?
what are your political views?
what's your biggest pet peeve?
moral stance, in a nutshell?
are you currently interested in someone?
what generally attracts you most to the opposite sex? or the same sex, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
`kaylaaa.

`kaylaaa.

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 5:42 pm

How many licks did it take for you to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ikluh
TheManifoldCuriosity

TheManifoldCuriosity

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 pm

yasminspired wrote:
can you just spew out random fun facts then?
I can, but I usually don't unless I know the person would appreciate it or if it's relevant to whatever conversation I'm in.
Quote :
what are your political views?
Centrist/moderate. I like ideas from both parties but they both have their problems as well. I'm not active in politics, though and don't debate them.
Quote :
what's your biggest pet peeve?
Inefficiency. Nothing pisses me off more than something that either works poorly or doesn't work at all. Militant atheists are a close second.
Quote :
moral stance, in a nutshell?
Live and let live. I don't subscribe to moral relativity, but I think morality has different variations across the world. Most of my morality has a Christian base because I was brought-up in a Christian home.
Quote :
are you currently interested in someone?
Yes, two girls but there are two problems. One (who lives a few minutes from me) has a boyfriend with whom she's very frustrated but can't imagine leaving; the other lives two hours north and doesn't have a car. So I'm taking it pretty easy right now and seeing if I can find anyone else locally.
Quote :
what generally attracts you most to the opposite sex? or the same sex, I don't know.
Affection, followed by sense of humor and creativity. Since I was homeschooled for six years, I grew up thinking of my mom as an authority figure and teacher rather than a loving mother, so when I'm with the right girl, I'm a teddy bear. Humor is very important in my life and it's something I need to share with her, same thing with creativity. I couldn't imagine being with someone if she weren't creative in some way or couldn't appreciate creativity!!

`kaylaaa. wrote:

How many licks did it take for you to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Embarassed
I never licked those things, I just bit into them to get the job done! I was a very impatient child who loved Tootsie rolls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity   Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Interview #24 - TheManifoldCuriosity
Page 1 of 1