Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The CW's 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' Crossover: How Was It?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

The CW's 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' Crossover: How Was It? Empty
PostSubject: The CW's 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' Crossover: How Was It?   The CW's 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' Crossover: How Was It? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 am

After weeks of heavy P.R., the loudly trumpeted Hayao Miyazaki Animation 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' crossover on The CW Tuesday night amounted Hayao Miyazaki Movie to, well, not much.

Haley and Mia traveled from their home in Tree Hill (Hayao Miyazaki box set at 8PM on The CW's Tuesday night lineup) to a music festival in Portland hosted by Ryan and Cate's radio station (in the timeslot immediately Criminal Minds DVD box set following their own). To an unfamiliar viewer, the concept of their transplant Criminal Minds DVD season into 'Life Unexpected' could've felt contrived. In fact, it was quite believable Criminal Minds box set within the 'One Tree Hill' world. Mia and Haley are established musicians on the show, so actually broadcasting one of their concerts (instead of just vaguely referring to offscreen performances) was not out of One Tree Hill DVD the ordinary at all.

As for 'Life Unexpected,' the integration One Tree Hill DVD Box Set of the musicians wasn't any worse than the uber-'90s bands of the week on any One Tree Hill Box Set given episode of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer,' but one of the writers is clearly a HUGE Ben Lee fan.

The first scene between Cate and Haley was essentially Cold Case DVD the full version of the trailer we saw last week -- they meet, realize they both Cold Case DVD Set got pregnant in high school, were valedictorians and were impregnated by sports Cold Case DVDs stars named Nathan or Nate. The second saw Haley giving Cate some much-appreciated advice about dealing with her mother. And...that was it. Lovely songs by CSI Las Vegas DVD Mia and Haley were featured at the beginning of the episode, but Ben Lee's music CSI Las Vegas DVD Box Set got more screen time than either of the Tree Hill ladies'.

Presumably, the idea of the crossover was to get CSI Las Vegas Box Set 'One Tree Hill' fans watching 'Life Unexpected.' And a lot of them probably did. But how many of them will actually stick around? The rest of the 'Life looney tunes dvd Unexpected' plot contained much of the best and worst aspects of the show. Warner Bros Cartoons DVD The snappy dialogue gems -- Cate's mom threatened her daughter until she spilled a secret by saying "Start talking Cate, Warner Bros or I'm going to get the wine and day drink it out of you" -- were bogged down by the cringeworthy Warner Bros DVD duds -- Baze invited his 16-year-old daughter and her friend to "'all bring dates" to the concert. Creepy.

Sadly, the final scene might've Naruto DVD been the most telling part. Sarah McLachlan, a guest earlier in the episode, provided the soundtrack Naruto to the closing moments -- "I WIll Remember You" played while the characters all learned their lessons. Yes, Naruto dvds the singer's 1999 hit. Naruto box set 'Life Unexpected' has gotten a lot of comparison to The WB shows of yore, but who knew they were buy Naruto dvd actually striving to be as '90s as possible? I'm all for the nostalgic family drama owning a spot among the spoiled rich kids on The CW, but until this wildly uneven show can find Bleach DVD a more tolerable cheese-to-drama ratio -- and this is coming from someone who Bleach loves cheese, drama, creator Liz Tigelaar AND every single actor on this show - Bleach DVDs- I think its days are numbered.
Back to top Go down

The CW's 'Life Unexpected' and 'One Tree Hill' Crossover: How Was It?
Page 1 of 1