Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)

Go down 
+3
kirsty
franky
fairydust
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) Empty
PostSubject: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 pm

hahaha.... thought that was a cute name. but hey... we ALL have things that touch our heart don't we???

here's what touched mine yesterday.

so a lady i know from church calls and says she sees one of my poems on a baby loss site,
which didn't surprise me, since my work is on about 38 sites. i signed onto that site and
the woman that put my poem on there was on at the same time as me, so we posted
back and forth a bit. it was great. i helped her ALOT. she was so sad, having lost a
baby only a month ago. we had alot in common even tho my loss was 17 yrs ago.

and here is the good part:

i went to an old loss site to get a link to something i wrote and there's a message for
me from march! (i hadn't been on since march) this woman wanted to remember my
baby on her birthday so she sent me a poem she just LOVED. she said ..."it has meant more
over the years than anything else i have ever read... i have passed it along to several
hundred bereaved parents at the workshops i have done over the past year and everyone
shares my opinion... it's just fabulous! hopefully you've had a chance to read it... it's been
posted here before, but if not, i HAVE to send it your way. i hope it touches your life the way
it has touched mine."

well DAMN!!! it was one of MY POEMS that i wrote about 10 years ago!!! it really touched my heart and
brought tears to my eyes that it meant so much to her and others.

so i pm'd her back of course to tell her i had written it and she was surprized and glad to meet me, and
again said it was one of the greatest poems she ever read and she loved it. it's not THAT great, i told
her it's not even one of my favorites...but here it is....

inspired from a lady at my grief group who lost a son and said his death made her realize how great
her capacity to love was.

Celebration

This day will be a celebration
of the short time that you were here.
You will always be remembered with
great love and sometimes, tears.

To only feel pain and sorrow
would not be quite fair to you.
Your life meant so much more to me
more than I ever knew.

You were here so very briefly.
I wonder if you know
all the ways you've touched my life
since that day God called home.

Now my child, you're an angel
with our heavenly Father above.
And I see not only what I've lost,
but my capacity to love.

There will be a huge void in my life
my soul will grieve forever.
Will I ever forget, or stop loving you?
No, not now - not ever.

As this sad day comes upon me
Oh, how my heart still hurts.
But even as I mourn your death,
I will celebrate your birth.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:28 pm

What touched my heart today: Chad, a guy I dated a while back for about a month, texted me a bit ago "hows your mouth." I thought it was super sweet of him to remember. I texted him back and told him it still hurts and stuff and he said he bets I sound funny when I talk and I said not really, I'm pretty much back to normal that way. About 3 seconds later he called, and I said "hello!" and he said "hell, you don't sound that bad, shit!" And I said "Didn't I just tell ya that?" and he said "I thought I'D be the judge." We continued to talk, for about 25 minutes, and it's the first time we've talked at all since we broke up. He said he missed me, and we just had an all-around pleasant conversation. As it turns out, I really miss him too . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:32 pm

We had a repair man, Simon, round our community house tonight to have a look at the oven, and as we were talking he started asking me about what motivates me to do the kind of work that I do. I explained to him that as a Christian, I believe in a loving God and that He compels me to love and serve others just as He does. We had a long discussion about spirituality and faith, and Simon had some interesting experiences and perspectives to share himself. He'd apparently gone through a period of chronic illness and depression, and recounted how the experience forced him to explore prayer and meditation; he found that they helped him a lot, and he's now making a full recovery. We both seemed quite open to what the other had to say, and he seemed very interested in my own perspectives. It felt good to not only have a nice discussion with someone, but also share the Lord's love with them too.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 7:55 pm

touched my heart today when a few little girls came and gave me a big hug, both at the same time.

little angels.
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:44 pm

a piece of paper that i had taken a bunch of notes/doodled on flew out of my logic book and it landed by my friend katie and she picked it up and said "kirsty, you have impeccable penmanship." it was really sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/humanskulls
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 6:02 pm

on the way to rollins today, we were in about four cars all following my friend kaleigh's car because she knew the way. and we got into the line for the toll, and when we got up there, the lady said they'd paid for us! I thought it was sososo sweet ><. the toll was only a dollar, but it was such a nice gesture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 6:17 pm

i got chinese food for helping some lady move her smelly items to a new house.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 7:39 am

Today, my baby brother turns 15.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 6:47 pm

franky wrote:
Today, my baby brother turns 15.

wow! he's my son's age!

what touched my heart...let's see....a dog show. there's this dog show DOGS 101 on the Animal Planet station and they showed such wonderful dogs. dogs ALWAYS touch my heart BIG TIME.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 6:41 pm

so at work tonight i told the old man to watch dr. phil like he usually does, and he said he just wanted to sit at the table and look at a pretty lady (meaning me). awwwww.... such a sweetie.

at the elemen school today the little girls were STILL hugging me. awwwww....so nice. i get no affection at home, so it's great whenever someone acts like i'm worth something.
Back to top Go down
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:06 pm

a boy in my writing class who i've only met once invited me to a party for tomorrow night on facebook the other day, and i clicked "maybe attending" and he facebook messaged me today and was like "aw you're not coming?" and i was like "haha um i was gonna go to a concert but i might stop by" and we talked and at the end he was like "well i'll put you on the no-cover list if you decide to stop by" and i thought that was so sweet of him, especially considering we've never even hung out.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 pm

I had an overwhelmingly large number of people tell me happy birthday today...phone calls, texts, facebook wall posts and messages, on here, in person... dang, I'm loved. That's not meant to sound arrogant.

Also, one of the people who told me happy birthday in a message on facebook was someone who used to be a very very close friend, and we had a huge fight, and I hadn't talked to her much for months...I saw her the other night in a large group of friends when my brother was home, and in the message it said that she and her boyfriend (who also used to be one of my best friends) loved seeing me the other night and that I was "by far the most entertaining person at dennys the other night" and that they'd love to hang out again soon. Dang. It almost made me cry.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 5:36 pm

this guy came to our door just now to tell us we'd left the car lights on. it was nice! and now I can't remember if I even said thank you ><.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 9:08 pm

seems these days, two things touch my heart the most. first and second graders, and a friend whose sentiments touch my heart pretty much more than any other person's ever has.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 am

Mykenzie wrote me a letter that said "thank you for being my friend." Awwww.
Back to top Go down
sidekick

sidekick

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 am

I found out my girlfriend wrote my mom a letter just to be like "thanks for feeding me and being a cool mom"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/atombender
kirsty

kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 10:21 pm

^ that is so sweet

i was frantically in the grocery store tonight (the night before thanksgiving) looking for jiffy cornbread mix and i couldn't find it, and there was a trendy looking guy who was also looking for it with me and we sort of joked about it, and then we both left the aisle and he came and found me with two boxes that he found in a special area. i was so happy! i never would have found the boxes!
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 am

^aw! hahah cute.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 2:40 pm

sidekick wrote:
I found out my girlfriend wrote my mom a letter just to be like "thanks for feeding me and being a cool mom"

that's great. to turn it around a bit, today i found a xmas card my mom gave me 12-25-01 and she said how proud she was of me for helping others and that she was happy to have me for her daughter. stuff like that means ALOT when the person isn't here anymore.
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) N815550410_3356169_3120
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:45 pm

^If that's your new girlfriend, what the hell is she doing stood outside Kings College London?
Back to top Go down
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:58 pm

She visited. Duh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic
ichthuz

ichthuz

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:47 pm

High Voltage wrote:
Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) N815550410_3356169_3120
Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) N119300336_30427312_1267
?
Back to top Go down
http://www.danielcoulbourne.com/
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Last night me and several folks went to McDonald's and my darling Mykenzie asked me what was in my cup and I said "It's sweet tea. I bet you have Sprite, don't you?" and she said "Yeah. HEY! I know what you can get me for my birthday!!!" And I asked, "what?" and she said "Two things. One is whatever you want to get me, and two is Sprite!"
It didn't touch my heart, but it's a hilarious story anyway.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 10:18 pm

Oh, and good job, Tyler. Cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)   Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Things that touched your heart (a kinder, gentler thread)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next