Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valentine's day!

Go down 
+11
yasminspired
Kelticmaddox
screams
kirsty
TheOptimist
tylersixx
how attractive!
deudbus
sidekick
fairydust
franky
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Valentine's day! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 pm

setting up friends is fun, especially watching them go through the pre-mating ritual.

i would recommend being looser about who you give a chance to, i've had some rewarding relationships with women very, very, unlike me. there does have to be common ground though, even a small amount.
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:52 pm

I just really want someone who I can talk about things with. As my musical taste grew the past couple of years, I found it hard to discuss music with my then-fiancee who didn't listen to the music I listened to and it seemed like we were just no longer interested in the same things anymore. To me that hurts a relationship (although it's definitely not the only reason I broke up with her). Also, it's really hard to find a Christian girl down here who isn't some kind of fundamentalist or at least very strict in that area. The last two girls that I've had a huge crush on weren't Christians, and I don't think that was good for me. But I'm only speaking for myself here.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/amandaandanthony1
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:14 pm

The last guy I dated was so unlike me that 1) everyone was shocked to hear we were dating, and 2) none of my friends liked him even a little bit. To this day they talk shit about him sometimes and laugh at me for getting mad about it. It's so frickin stupid. He treated me better than everyone else I've dated since these particular friends have been around and they never said anything bad about the guy who was freakin abusive. I need new friends.
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:35 pm

franky wrote:
To this day they talk shit about him sometimes and laugh at me for getting mad about it.

I think this is the first time I've seen you post a profane word on here. Haha.

Anyways, I don't care what my friends think about people I date. I don't date very often though, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 1:51 pm

that's quite lame of your friends bekah.

mine didn't really know the last guy I dated. well, a couple of 'em. they thought he was stupid. he was pretty stupid...

but I still need new friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:08 pm

Brittany and I started out very different from each other. We are still very different from each other... but we still have a lot in common. It's very confusing. She likes quiet, I like loud. We compliment each others differences.
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:15 pm

TheOptimist wrote:
franky wrote:
To this day they talk shit about him sometimes and laugh at me for getting mad about it.

I think this is the first time I've seen you post a profane word on here. Haha.

Anyways, I don't care what my friends think about people I date. I don't date very often though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I don't use profanity terribly often...hehe.

It'd be nice to be able to say I don't care what my friends think of who I date, but in reality, it's a terrible position to be in to have to choose sides, and had I chosen him over them, when it ended I would have been left with nothing. It sucks, either way.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:25 pm

I care what my friends think too. it's just... strange otherwise, at least to a certain extent.

but then, I care what everybody thinks. I need to get over that.
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:29 pm

your friends shouldn't be a factor as far as who you like, i mean they can be useful to point out your significant other is pretty crazy but that's about it, relationships involve two people.

My friends usually don't care for my girlfriends and her's generally don't care for me. especially "the best friend" i have track record that reads like an obituary page with the eternal entity that is Her Best Friend.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 pm

I need new friends.
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 pm

I would be very unsettled if some of my close friends didn't like my boyfriend. I love my friends and I admire alot about how they see the world and their tastes, so if they didn't like whoever I was seeing, it would mean that something was wrong with him, or we weren't a good match.
Back to top Go down
https://ohlovely.forumotion.net
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 pm

franky wrote:
I need new friends.

Sometimes I think that, but I love my friends. Even if they are nothing like me. I truly wouldn't trade them for the world.

Anyways, I think it's funny how my friends always come to me for relationship advice, even though I need as much help as they do.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 pm

I wouldn't trade my friends for anything either. They just really know how to make me mad. We all always tell each other we need new friends though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:05 pm

isnt being so much alike kind of boring? i personally find it great that my husband and i like similar things, yet we are different, too.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:14 pm

I have a ridiculously diverse group of friends. And I love it. But sometimes hanging out with like-minded people is just what I'd rather do...
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh by the way...hi! Do I know you?
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:49 pm

franky wrote:
But sometimes hanging out with like-minded people is just what I'd rather do...

Definitely.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:41 am

I don't have a lot of friends who share my interests. I would love it if I had more friends who could freely jump between my favorite things to talk about... Comics, movies, baseball, computers, guitars, and The Office. All of them in very technical depth and mostly boring to most people.

Gosh, I miss my friend Chris. He moved to Seattle, we had a lot in common.
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 7:55 am

what do I talk to my friends about? I don't know, I definitely need new ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's day!   Valentine's day! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's day!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oh Lovely :: The Basics :: Talking about stuff-
Jump to: