Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Dad Says' Premiere Moment - Ed Opens Up to the DMV Guy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

My Dad Says' Premiere Moment - Ed Opens Up to the DMV Guy Empty
PostSubject: My Dad Says' Premiere Moment - Ed Opens Up to the DMV Guy   My Dad Says' Premiere Moment - Ed Opens Up to the DMV Guy EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 am

There are a lot of reasons why the pilot for 'The Simpsons 1-21 DVD $#*! My Dad Says' doesn't work. While this version of the pilot, with a recast co-lead The Simpsons Seasons 1-21 DVD opposite William Shatner and some new jokes, is better than the one we saw in The Simpsons Complete Box Set the spring, it's still not good. Jonathan Sadowski, the new lead, is trying to match his famous co-star in the overacting department and finding thatSouth park dvds only Shatner can do it and get away with it. The couple played by Will Sasso and South park dvd set Nicole Sullivan aren't as cartoonish as in the original pilot, but they're still annoying.

But the main reason why the pilot doesn't Disney dvd box set work is twofold: a) Shatner is positioned as an inappropriate quote-spewing machine much like the infamous Dad of Justin Halpern's Twitter feed from which this show is based, and b) There is no reasonDisney 100 years of Magic to believe that Shatner's character of Ed Goodson is going to settle into a character that's multi-dimensional and even Walt Disney DVD remotely believable -- or sympathetic.

We see a glimmer of hope in one of the few scenes from Family Guy DVD the original pilot that made the cut in the remake. In it, Ed fails his written driving test,family guy dvd box set and after getting no sympathy from the DMV clerk (played by the always-funny Tim family guy seasons 1-8 dvd Bagley), Ed finally opens up.

Sure, there are some oddities here. Ed is supposed to be 72 Naruto DVD but says he's been "driving for 60 years." Either that's an exaggeration or he was buy Naruto dvd an advanced 12 year old. But otherwise, the reason why this is the only scene in the pilot that Naruto dvd set connects is that we see a glimpse of the real Ed, and are reminded that, when Bill isn't doing his signature Shatnerian staccato line reads, he can actually Naruto on dvd be a pretty damn good actor.

"I really screwed up here," Ed says when he realizes that Dragon Ball Z DVD he may not be able to drive for five years and he's got no one to help him out. Dragon Ball Z DVD Box set When the DMV clerk asks him if he's got any kids that could drive him home, Ed Dragon Ball Z DVD set sheepishly says, "No, I screwed that up, too." The clerk manages to conjure up Dragon Ball Z DVDs enough sympathy to pass him, saying that his dad screwed it up with him, too, but he fixed it. It was a lesson that sent Ed on the way to inviting his Disney movies dvd younger son Henry to move in with him while the former journalist figured out Disney cartoons dvd his next move.

People forget about Shatner's range, and in that scene, you get that Disney animation dvd glimmer of sympathy for Ed that we haven't had up until this point, mainly because he was just a quote-spewing caricature who hated Wolf Blitzer. But inDisney films dvd that one scene, Shatner grabbed you and got your attention. Believe me, the look of remorse on his face is something that pretty much none of the Disney classics dvd rest of the cast has the ability to capture.

It gives me hope that the writers might straighten things out and Disney classic movies dvd make sure Shatner can play to his strengths. The problem they have is that they somehow have to turn a gimmick of an idea intotv on dvda real, live, funny sitcom. And even the best comedy writers can't turn something out of nothing.
Back to top Go down

My Dad Says' Premiere Moment - Ed Opens Up to the DMV Guy
Page 1 of 1