Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Glee' Season 2, Episode 2 Recap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sharong

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2010-04-27

'Glee' Season 2, Episode 2 Recap Empty
PostSubject: 'Glee' Season 2, Episode 2 Recap   'Glee' Season 2, Episode 2 Recap EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:54 am

You've got to give credit to Ryan Murphy family guy dvd box set and company for rolling out the big, overhyped Britney Spears blowout in the second episode family guy dvd complete of the season. Most shows would leave such a "special episode" for November family guy box set or for spring. But 'Glee' knows that the Britney coup was something that needed to family guy dvd set be taken advantage of, and they had enough banked goodwill from their first season family guy on dvd to be able to do it and make their fans squeal with excitement.

Almost going in, though, you had to know thatHayao Miyazaki dvd story was going to be sacrificed for the music. So if you're a Britney fan or Hayao Miyazaki dvds a fan of the show's musical numbers, it was a good episode. If you're Hayao Miyazaki Collection a fan of the characters or story, well... better luck next week, right?

At least this time around, the way the Britney numbers Criminal Minds box set were inserted was at least somewhat plausible; there was no scene where people Criminal Minds DVDs point at Britney and go "Hey, Britney Spears at McKinley High! Imagine that!" Criminal Minds DVD No, most of the Spears numbers -- and all the appearances by Brit Brit herself -- were all done via nitrous-induced fantasy.

Now, how every member of the glee club that got One Tree Hill DVD Season in Carl the dentist's chair all happened to have Britney fantasies while they were One Tree Hill DVDs there could induce eye rolling if this was any show besides 'Glee.' But at this point, One Tree Hill seasons 1-7 I'll take having Brittany, Santana, Rachel and Artie starring in their own Britney videos, with cameos by Ms. Spears herself, via laughing gas fantasy One Tree Hill new release than the alternative.

And the videos were well done. Who knew Heather Cold Case DVD Morris could dance like that? This episode was really a great showcase for her and for Cold Case DVD Season her lovably stupid character Brittany. From her explanation of being haunted Cold Case box set by Britney because her name is "Brittany S. Pearce" to her observation that the fact that she can dance in her dreams makes her the most talented member of the glee club, we learned more about New Directions Brit than we've ever Cold Case new release known in the past. My favorite line of hers was saying "This reminds me of the alien ship when I got probed" as she was sitting in Carl's chair.

In all the videos, Murphy and company hit on all CSI Las Vegas DVD the popular images of Brit Brit, but my favorite was seeing New Directions Brit CSI Las Vegas DVDs with the snake singing 'I'm a Slave 4 U" just like Brit Brit did at the CSI Las Vegas DVD Season 2001 VMAs.

Spears' appearances themselves were mercifully brief, Warner Bros Cartoons DVD though seeing her in a Cheerio costume during Artie's fantasy just Warner Bros pointed out that, while she looks great these days, her days of passing for Warner Bros DVD a high school student are long, long behind her.

On other fronts:
-- As soon as I saw Will write the words "Christopher Cross"Naruto DVD on the board, I laughed. It felt like an obvious in-joke to me, something that Naruto dvd set uptight, white-bread Will would embrace, but a direction the writers knew we Naruto on dvd would never go in under normal circumstances.

-- Good move casting the ever-charming John Stamos Dragon Ball Z complete DVD as Carl. I loved how he tried to get Will to loosen up. To be honest, I can Dragon Ball Z DVD set see Emma more with Carl than I ever can with Will. Maybe their discussion about Dragon Ball Z on DVD Will backing off will give us the chance to see Will pursue more compatible mates this year, because there's nothing about the Will-Emma pairing that Dragon Ball Z new release I'm looking forward to.

-- Why does Sue think that Britney Spears Buy Bleach DVD is morally corrupting to teenagers but loves Madonna? Maybe because Brit Brit threatened Bleach DVD box set Madge's pop standing. Or maybe it's because they kissed on the VMAs. Not sure. Bleach DVD set But, weirdly enough, Jane Lynch's appearance this week was superfluous, even Bleach on DVD if it gave us the site of Jacob Ben Israel's disgusting butt sweat. Also, her graspFrasier complete dvd of American history is slipping even worse than it did last week; she's stringing Frasier dvd season names and phrases together like she's choosing them from one of Stephen Colbert's Frasier dvds situation wheels.

-- It was good to see Jessalyn Gilsig in one Scrubs dvds scene as the deliciously vindictive Terri, but I wonder how she's going to get any screen Scrubs dvd set time at all this year.

-- Artie as the football team's battering Scrubs box set ram is going to be interesting. And it's hilarious that, as soon as Finn's back on Scrubs new release the team, people pay attention to him again. But he seems to be loyal to Rachel... for now.

-- Is it me or is Lea Michele's Rachel Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD wardrobe less silly this year? She looked pretty good when she changed out of her Brit Brit schoolgirl outfit into her "normal"Mickey Mouse Clubhouse clothes.

As I've said before, being a fan of 'Glee' Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD collection means that episodes like this are going to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVDs be part of the viewing experience. Now that we've gotten Mickey Mouse DVD the Britney experience out of the way, let's get back to some storytelling.
Back to top Go down

'Glee' Season 2, Episode 2 Recap
Page 1 of 1