Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Interview #20 - tylersixx

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yasminspired

yasminspired

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Member Interview #20 - tylersixx Empty
PostSubject: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:58 am

trevor's turn Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/past_illusions
High Voltage

High Voltage

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 am

One of my bedrooms is in your house. Sir, are you aware of this? Don't decorate it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ohpretendersmusic
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 pm

we do have an empty bedroom that is in fact undecorated, i would claim it soon though (i do community living with an environmental group and we live in an ancient 19 room victorian)
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:13 pm

When you first signed up on CP, why did you choose your username to be Tyler? What is it about your real name that you dislike?

Coffee or Tea? Or some other hot drink?

How do you stay healthy physically? Mentally?

Cats or Dogs? Or neither?

Any allergies?

Last edited by Kelticmaddox on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ohlovely.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:38 am

Did it ever really get your goat when other members of the board caricatured you as a drunk?

Do you remember those two separate incidents in late 2005 when I massively pissed you off?

When are you coming to Manchester?

How tall are you?

Where do you currently stand in your spiritual outlook?

Environmentalism seems fairly high in your list of priorities right now, what brought that on?

Where is your English degree going to lead you? Where has it led you already?

What is the summation of your political views?

Are you currently dating anyone? If yes, then tell us about her/him. If not, why not?

What do you look for in a romantic partner, in both the physical and personal senses?
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:55 am

Quote :
When you first signed up on CP, why did you choose your username to be Tyler? What is it about your

-a long time ago i got involved with a political organization where i was under the impression it was not best to use your real name. I came up with the pseudonym while walking to the first meeting. I met some friends through that who still call me tyler to this day, even though they know my real name. It kind of became a handle after that. it rolls off the tongue well. in more recent times, as i age and get to know myself better i have divided my personality into 4 basic facets which all together make up me. i think of the confident, unemotional, infallible "side" as tyler sixx.

Quote :

Coffee or Tea? Or some other hot drink?

-bit of both. i drink green tea or green earl grey almost every day. coffee less so because it affects my stomach.

Quote :
How do you stay healthy physically? Mentally?

-i employ the Confucian tenet of "healthy body, healthy mind" in my life, and i do believe the wellness of the two are connected. I lift weights, run, dance, and do yoga. I study a lot too on a lot of subjects. i also keep a journal which is currently averaging about 5000 words per month. i think this is an exceedingly healthy mental practice, just for the sake of forming your thoughts on paper. really helps you recognize patterns in your behavior.

Quote :
Cats or Dogs? Or neither?

i like both, but i would be a dog person. they tend to have very beautiful personalities and much more dependable as friends than people are. Some people hold the attitude that they are obsequious, stupid creatures who love their owners far more than their owners deserve. this is probably true, but since when did this world not need more love in it?

Quote :
Any allergies?

-little ones which don't really affect my day to day life. grass, mold, dust.....basically no.
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:49 am

Quote :
Did it ever really get your goat when other members of the board caricatured you as a drunk?

-not at all, i bring it on myself very consciously and intentionally. I am one of the biggest actors you'll ever meet, should you ever meet me. most people who dont' know me very well have to caricature me into some shape because I am an extremely visible and multi-layered individual in the circles i run in. people don't understand how i can lead a student organization meeting, do an open mic performance after that, go work out in the gym, go out and get drunk and hold exceedingly deep conversations, dance drunkenly in traffic, go home and write and editorial, follow it with a poem, pass out, then wake up at the crack of dawn the next day to watch an English football match and scream my head off like a neanderthal. some of these things are more apart of me than others, but I don't fit into one template and i think that confuses most lesser people, i do it all. The most common way i am caricatured is either as being a drunk, or an asshole.

Quote :
Do you remember those two separate incidents in late 2005 when I massively pissed you off?

-lol yeah you little cunt! i don't remember the exact details but i know you called me stupid and my take on it was that you were jumping at half comments i made for the sake of baiting someone in a much-wanted chance to think you'd pulled one over on me. I was pretty hot tempered in those days, owell. wish i could get a transcription, would love to know what was said.

Quote :
When are you coming to Manchester?

-almost certainly this summer.

Quote :
How tall are you?

-5'9", not sure what that is in cm.

Quote :
Where do you currently stand in your spiritual outlook?

-I believe in God, I am kind of like you in that my beliefs are a far cry from mainstream anglo christianity. I am pluralistic, i don't believe the bible is infallible, and i do not currently attend a church. however, i do pray a great deal and talk of religious issues with people i know. i've been thinking about going to catholic church again, it's been 12 years since i last went to mass. sometimes i feel i should be leading a spiritual campaign of revisionist doctrine, but right now my relationship with God is foremost, personal.

Quote :
Environmentalism seems fairly high in your list of priorities right now, what brought that on?

-well my passion before that was something very personal and i was divorced from it quite suddenly and painfully. the natural reaction is to choose something large and public and impersonal on the rebound. that being said, i do believe it is the most important issue facing our generation.

Quote :
Where is your English degree going to lead you? Where has it led you already?

-I already have my English degree, it's in box somewhere. Now I am working on a Masters in history which will take me one more year and then i will finally get my terminal degree, a MLS. then i'll have letters after my name.

as far where it's lead me already i will think my love of written work and learning the theoretical concepts contained in both literary and historical study have made me a much more wizened thinker and i am better able to understand...well...everything. I also cite the creative world as one of the things which inclines me to believe God exists, i see so much beauty in books and art, hear so much beauty in music, the people that created it clearly came about through some intelligent design of a higher being. so did the car mechanic.

Quote :
What is the summation of your political views?

ill give ya quote:

"For him, liberalism was no great scholarly pursuit or cultural elitism, but a doctrine of fairness for all. He was as contemptuous of liberals with soft hands and clean fingernails as he was of reactionaries who wrapped themselves in white sheets."

quite simply, we should be helping people. and if you vote conservative, you are doing a lot of things God is going to be unhappy with. it is not ignorance, or a non-factor; voting republican in america is a sin. this is a FACT, that comes not from a radio, or a parent, or a pastor, but the instructions Christ specifically gave us. i will debate this with anyone and make them look foolish.

Quote :
Are you currently dating anyone? If yes, then tell us about her/him. If not, why not?

-i am currently pursuing, something which is exceedingly rare for me to do. She's a virtual stranger, we've only met in passing once or twice, but i find her completely fascinating. she has this weird quirky quality in everything she does and i find it really attractive. i rarely take such an interest in someone. I kind of asked her out in one of the most endearing, smirking, romantic comedy-esque ways possible. jason would have given it a raw game seal of approval. she agreed to see me, though we've not set a date because we're busy, but we could meet up tonight. I've got the feeling that date is either going to go fantastic and we could make something of this, or it will be a "hey this person isn't so great" experience. She's a theatre major, and they tend to be crazy. i'm attracted to certain types of crazy though.

Quote :
What do you look for in a romantic partner, in both the physical and personal senses?

-i like women with curves. i mean if all the curves start running together and there's extra gravy rolling off the side that's pretty fucking gross, but think Kate Winslet size. That's a real woman. My friend's wife, Nancy, has a neat take on this: she says women without curves have a harder time birthing and carrying children, therefore men who prefer stickfigure women are opting themselves out of the gene pool. food for thought. personally i think pretty much any woman can be beautiful or have certain beautiful physical qualities, no matter what size or shape they are. Personal qualities have always mattered much more to me, i care less about physical beauty the older i get.

as far as the personality side...i could write 20 pages, but ill try to keep it short. ill just make grocery lists.

big turn-ons - honesty, honor, kind-heartedness, creativity, sense of humor, intelligence, wit, weirdness, ability to handle your shit, even if you have a ton of it, open-mindedness, outspokenness. i don't like to look across the table or the bed at someone and think there's a chance that absolutely nothing is going on inside that woman's head.

turn offs: being flakey, scheduling in time to watch TV, not reading, political apathy, that being said, over-involvedment in politics. there is no one more boring than activist girl in my experience. inability to appreciate music on more than an entertainment level. gossip, vengeful, irresponsible, quick-tempered and being fucking uselessly stupid like most people are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

What do you feel is the most important issue facing the world today?

What are your opinions on eating meat (or the lack thereof)?

What really annoys you about yourself?

What do you really love about yourself?

What was the strangest thing you ever experienced?

Your biggest regret in life?

One moment, event, or period of time which really helped shape who you are as a person?

Speaking of curves, are you a tits or an ass man?

Would you describe yourself as an open person?

What book was most responsible for inspiring your worldview?

Do you get on well with your family?

Favourite movie/s?
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:21 pm

hi trevor.

what's on your mind?

what've you been up to?

how do you feel?

what are you currently reading?

if somebody asked you for a book recommendation, which would you recommend?

do you have any siblings? if so, how do you get along?

what are the other three facets of your personality?

tell me about your last relationship.

do you smoke at all?

what is your dream job?

I'd generally avoid asking this, but I can't help it. what do you really think of me?
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Quote :
What do you feel is the most important issue facing the world today?

-the environment. followed by a shortage of worthwhile individuals.

Quote :
What are your opinions on eating meat (or the lack thereof)?

-I personally consume a little bit of meat, maybe twice a month and think people are most healthy when they do this. I applaud vegans and vegetarians who choose their lifestyle for moral means, but personally it's just not my banner.

Quote :
What really annoys you about yourself?

-pride. I am a very proud person, which conflicts with my worldview. I pray for humility regularly. I function on different wavelengths and this means I can disdain someone on one and think they are fantastic on another. Makes things hard.

Quote :
What do you really love about yourself?
Quote :

-My motivation and romantic worldview, and the fact that I am making it reality when those around me have given up and decided to buy into the Western success ideology.

What was the strangest thing you ever experienced?
Quote :

-Strange is a difficult word. I don't think i have an answer without sitting here for 20 minutes, I'll think on it.

Your biggest regret in life?

-It used to be that certain thing we talked about a few months ago, but i have recently and finally made final peace with it it seems...I've blessed it, buried it and wished it well. Apart from that, I regret nothing because it was all formative.

Quote :
One moment, event, or period of time which really helped shape who you are as a person?

-The time i spent with Manda, both in person and with distance between us. She is very responsible for nurturing my good side and she taught me the meaning of having a kind heart, and showed me what it was worth.

Quote :
Speaking of curves, are you a tits or an ass man?

-believe it or not, legs. I physically cringe if someone says the word 'tits' around me, i hate the sound of it. Long legs make me a beast man.

Quote :

Would you describe yourself as an open person?

-depends. To people I trust I am exceedingly open. To others I generally have a layered mask on. This does not mean I am a liar, i just keep the valuable facets of my personality away from acquaintances and strangers, I don't think anyone could handle me if i was unveiled from day one.

Quote :
What book was most responsible for inspiring your worldview?

-Hard to say. On an ideological level, Til We Have Faces. On a personal doctrine level, Wild Years (a solid Tom Waits autobiography).

Quote :

Do you get on well with your family?

-I am very close with my mother, she pretty much raised me single-handedly and I think growing up like that is the reason I communicate with women a lot better than men, generally, and I like it that way just fine.

Quote :
Favourite movie/s?

I'll limit it to five. Trainspotting, Almost Famous, Igby Goes Down, Gangs of New York, Cool Hand Luke (#1)
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Quote :
what's on your mind?

-My health, this interview, a lady.

Quote :
what've you been up to?

-Living the dream. Going to school, enjoying the company of good people. I really need to decide where I want to spend next year soon, it's proving a hard decision. I can either finish my degree (the one everyone says to do, of course). I can go teach english in Asia (I'm leaning away from this option) I can drop out and apply to MLS programs (not likely) or I can buy a one way ticket to Ireland or the Uk (this is the one i really want to do)

Quote :
how do you feel?

-Kind of ill. This was the first day above 60 degrees here in about two months, and I ran my ass off all over the neighborhood, more than my body is used to in winter months. Then I sat by the Ohio River for awhile and thought the thoughts men think. Running about two hours makes you nauseous for about 12 when you dont' do it every day. I also pulled my achilles tendon.

Quote :
what are you currently reading?

-Bound Feet and Western Dress. Also a bunch of archival practice theory which no sane individual would find interesting.

Quote :
if somebody asked you for a book recommendation, which would you recommend?

Knee jerk response? On the Road by Jack Kerouac, everyone should read it when they are young to help them decide what kind of life they want for themselves.

Quote :
do you have any siblings? if so, how do you get along?

-I have three half-sisters. One is 30 something, i never see her but she's kind of rad. Old rocker lesbian. The other is 17 going on 25 and looks about 20. She's trouble and we don't really speak. The last is 14 and we don't really speak either. My mother got 3 exceedingly strange, different children.

Quote :

what are the other three facets of your personality?
Quote :

-Heh. Alongside Tylersixx there is Zarathustra (taken from my favorite philosophy book)...which is pretty much what it sounds like, its my bleeding-heart-I-don't-want-anyone-to-suffer existential side. Z is divorced from feelings kind of like Tyler is, everything is out there, distant, important.

Jack is my fun side, my wit, my humor, my cynicism, my social drive, my actor. Do you have that friend who can always make everyone laugh and is good at making any situation more amusing? That's Jack for me. Jack has been pretty dominant lately. Jack is the part of me the loves to have a good time, all the time. If you've read Shakespeare and are familiar with Falstaff, it's a character exactly like that.

The last and most core of the 4 parts of my personality is Jude. Jude is the emotional, feeler of the bunch, he generally functions only in my head and with my closest of friends. The Jude side covers my romantic notions, dreams, adventurous spirit, and tendency toward severe depression. Jude is who I am in a world without walls. This is where I keep my private thoughts. Jude is the part that loves and people fall in love with. Jude feels things on an extreme level, be they joyous triumphs or bitter lamentations. Jude wants to live in a way most people don't realize exists.

To clarify, it's not have multiple personality disorder or anything....this is just my system of self-analysis, I don't generally feel I am exclusively one side, each has a place and a role and all of them together make up who I am. They go through seasons of dominance....sometimes I need Tyler and other times I need Jack. Tyler is probably the weakest part of me anymore, I rarely have use for him, though a few years ago I functioned almost exclusively in this mode. These days I'm mainly Jack in public and Jude in private....the two good sides i think.

tell me about your last relationship.

-it was terrible. I put a little too much faith in someone and we just turned out to be completely incompatible individuals. The only thing I really took from it was the discovery of how careless I had become. She caused me a lot of stress and a lot of money loss, heh. We're distant acquaintances now and it showed me to not let loneliness for real feeling replace stern judgment, and not to look too much for what you want when it is hard to find. She's the only girl i've been in a serious relationship with that i look back and think it was a waste of time; the experience wasn't worth the opportunities i may have missed.

Quote :
do you smoke at all?

-i go back and forth between not at all and chainsmoking cigarettes. I'm in the latter phase this month. I hate smoking, but I think I'll let it go for good soon.

I hate pot, makes me sick, does nothing for me. I often climb my soapbox and profess the virtues of drinking in comparison to being a pothead....drinking makes you do stuff, smoking pot makes you not do stuff. I'd rather do stuff.

Quote :
what is your dream job?

-Musician. This was not the path for me though, I have absolute negative musical talent. It used to bother me but God made me good at other things I enjoy almost as much.

Quote :
I'd generally avoid asking this, but I can't help it. what do you really think of me?

-honestly, I dont' know you too well to really make a judgment. My participation here is sporadic and I tend to lean toward the debate board, which is barely used anymore. I am flattered and appreciative of your thoughtful questions though, Yasmin. The inquiries you and adam and yvonne have made have had a therapeutic affect on me today.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am

how old are you?

do you have any pictures?

are you working anywhere? if not, what was your last job?

what is your biggest pet peeve? if it's stupid people, what else? =P

who is your favorite author? and if it's a different answer, who's your favorite poet?

at this point in my life, do you have any advice for me?

is there any way of contacting you other than via ohlovely? or is that confidential information?
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Quote :
how old are you?

-a spry 24.

Quote :
do you have any pictures?

-a good bit, i hate being photographed though, i seem to take atrocious pictures, flim is fine though. I refuse to get another photobucket or flickr account though so you'll have to look on facebook for this face.

Quote :

are you working anywhere? if not, what was your last job?

-I am a librarian and assistant to the library administrator. she is hands down the coolest boss i have ever had and she adores me. She's a very tall Californian black woman who is fantastic to talk to. She says she lives vicariously through me and it keeps her young. I adore my boss.

Quote :
what is your biggest pet peeve? if it's stupid people, what else? =P

-i don't really hate 'stupid' people, i just am very frustrated by people not wanting more out of life in concordance with my personal set of values. it is a flaw. On a related note, it irritates me to no end when someone judges people related exclusively on their intelligence and ability to discuss highly specialized topics. they tend to be in the philosophy department and tend to use a lot of sentences with the word 'clever.' You meet so many of these people in college.

Quote :
who is your favorite author? and if it's a different answer, who's your favorite poet?

-i'll give ya both, my favorite author is a split between Fyodor Dostoyevski (various spellings of that) and J.M. Coetzee. everyone should read lots of both.

I am less a poetry fan, but I really like William Blake, Walt Whitman, and Poe.

Quote :
at this point in my life, do you have any advice for me?

-I'm not sure exactly what point your at, I'll assume late teens. Here's a few things I've picked up which i think can apply to everyone:

1. Don't trust easily. That's not saying you should mistrust easily. Be very very selective in your close friends and lovers. Don't let people into your confidence too easily.

2. Practice self-criticism. Hold yourself to very high standards, not so much so that you'll always make them, because you won't, but if you are very concerned with your personal development, when bad things happen or you make mistakes you have an attitude that wants to correct them. There is a certain degree of knowledge, practical, social and psychological, which I think one can only obtain through self-examination. Just as sometimes you need someone to come along and tell you what you're doing wrong, sometimes you're the only one who can see it, because you're on the inside.

3. Avoid idle gossip and tell people who like to talk shit on people to shut up. The world has had enough of that. Be very forward with people, they may not like it, but they will either respect it or not be able to handle it and leave you alone.

4. Keep a journal, write in it often. This is an exceedingly self-enlightening practice.

5. Whatever happens to you, you find peace with it eventually, and when stress mounts try very hard to take a step back, and realize the world isn't actually ending. It can take years, but in the long run....everything really does end up okay. Maybe not fantastic, but acceptable. Very few things in life are fatal, despite being depicted as such.

is there any way of contacting you other than via ohlovely? or is that confidential information?

-I think I'm the easiest person in the world to find. my AIM name is IamTylerSixx and you can find me on facebook through yvonne or adam's page...or thehippieboard group. I actually use the chat program built into facebook quite a bit, its convenient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 pm

what non-contemporary century would you have liked to live in?

whats your favorite sport to play? how about watch?

how long have you ever gone without sleep?

what movie do you think is a fair or interesting microcosm of your life so far?

if you could (go back and) change one decision youve made, would you take that chance? if so, what choice would you make/change?

whats your favorite poem?

who do you connect with the best intellectually?

what is your worst childhood memory?
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Quote :
what non-contemporary century would you have liked to live in?

-14th century England, 8th century Ireland, or 19th century far east

Quote :
whats your favorite sport to play? how about watch?

-soccer on both accounts. I play pick up games every friday when it's not too damn cold with international students and I get up at the crack of dawn most weekends to watch the English Premier League.

Quote :
how long have you ever gone without sleep?

-about 66 hours.
Quote :

what movie do you think is a fair or interesting microcosm of your life so far?

-nothing comes to mind specifically, but I have empathized with Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of Johnny Cash in Walk the Line since i first saw the movie. There are a large number of parallels between our attitudes, actions, and experiences. I was a bit unnerved the first time I saw it because virtually everything was familiar.

Quote :
if you could (go back and) change one decision youve made, would you take that chance? if so, what choice would you make/change?

-A little letter I sent last Tuesday, would have been much better to wait for a face to face confrontation. I'm not big on regrets, hence why I'm reaching back to last week.

Quote :
whats your favorite poem?

Short poem - The Tyger by William Blake or Alone by Poe. Long poem would probably be The Wasteland by Elliot.

Quote :
who do you connect with the best intellectually?

-My friend Jim. The guy is a real class act, seems like he just stepped out of a time machine. He's about ten years older than me, looks and dresses like he's in The Great Depression. We have similar and/or comparable views on politics, religion, social issues, romance, women, politics and alcohol. Not so much that we always agree, in fact we very often debate these issues because we both feel strongly about the details. We are very different people but kindred spirits, for sure. We are also in the same department at the university. We drink a bottle of liquor together almost every week. He's a damn cool guy, and has really influenced me, perhaps even mentored me in some way. We have the perfect balance of intellectual content and social cleverness when we hang out, and we're pretty much grinning from ear to ear the whole time. The balance is why I say him, he can function on both levels harmoniously just like I can. He's a great friend and if i ever make a shit load of money the first thing I'm going to do is buy him and his wife a farm.

Quote :
what is your worst childhood memory?

-attending a small catholic middle school. atrocious what that shit breeds.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:45 am

What is your absolute favorite thing in the entire world?

What's your favorite kind of ink pen?

Have you ever had a deja vu-ish experience of something that never really happened, but you know could happen?

What is your favorite color combination?

What's your favorite Disney classic?

Do you like crossword puzzles?
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Quote :
What is your absolute favorite thing in the entire world?

-archives. I love looking through the legacies of dead people. I get a rush from it and often wonder if anything of mine will end up in an archive for someone to go through. I wonder about the names I don't know and ponder who the people were, I look at their notes, journals or the music they wrote and applaud them. It's like "hey old man, you're dust now, but I could still have someone play this piece for me, or I coudl read it out loud." It's a weird form of eternal life. Love it.

Quote :
What's your favorite kind of ink pen?

-I don't have a particular brand, but I prefer black ink gel pens because I have very archaic-looking handwriting and it makes it look cooler. Most people can't read my hand writing, but think it's cool to look at. Maybe I'll scan some since I'm at work now and have nothing to do. you guys will be like wtf.
Quote :

Have you ever had a deja vu-ish experience of something that never really happened, but you know could happen?

-nope
Quote :

What is your favorite color combination?

-Black and white, followed by gold and mahogany.

Quote :
What's your favorite Disney classic?

-I haven't watched a disney movie in years, but I remember watching Sleeping Beauty and Snow White a lot as a child.

Quote :
Do you like crossword puzzles?

-They are ok, a little too linear for my tastes as far as word games go. I am more of a Scrabble guy. Be warned though, Scrabble ends friendships.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 pm

what sort of things do you write about in your journal?

what's your favorite candy? food? holiday?

can you pin the best day of your life thus far?

what kind of car do you drive?

what's your favorite type of alcohol?

how do you feel about harry potter?

how do you feel about ray bradbury?

how do you feel about barack obama?

what is the best class you have ever taken and what made it so great?

when you want to research something, how do you generally go about it?
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Haha, you definitely should scan your handwriting. That'd be awesome.

Also, agreed on the Scrabble. It definitely ends friendships.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm

I figure I should keep questions in here for now:
tylersixx wrote:
I'm at work. i just got done sorting through a bunch of dead people's things. I love doing that.
what thing did you find the most interesting?

what sort of music do you listen to? any favorites? what have you been listening to the most lately?

do you have any pictures of your house?

what other windows are open on your computer?

Last edited by yasminspired on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Quote :
what sort of things do you write about in your journal?

-all sorts. work, thoughts, frustrations, self-reflection. It's very stream-of-consciousness, i don't try to dress it up at all since it's supposed to be for me. I refuse to let myself stop from putting anything down.

Quote :
what's your favorite candy? food? holiday?

-starbursts
-either my baked ravioli, or my friend's african jerk pork with potatoes, onions and yams (all covered in the jerk sauce which he makes from scratch). we're both pretty good cooks.
-New Year's. Tends to put everyone in a celebratory mood and my "Jack" side gets to run wild. If it's not apparent yet, I'm very big on good times with good people.

Quote :
can you pin the best day of your life thus far?

-No, not a best day. Perhaps a best week.

Quote :
what kind of car do you drive?

-I don't presently own a car. I walk everywhere. It's good exercise and gives you time to think.

Quote :
what's your favorite type of alcohol?

-Jameson (straight) with or without rocks.

Quote :
how do you feel about harry potter?

-fun to read. probably wont' reread them anytime soon, but they were enjoyable so long as you don't think about them too much.

Quote :
how do you feel about ray bradbury?

-I've only read The Martian Chronicles by him. Good book, but probably not one I will read again.

Quote :
how do you feel about barack obama?

-I support him, I agree with most of his ideas politically, but I am not one of those people whose lives depend on his success or failure. I think he was the best man for the job. His stimulus bill is so easily picked apart by naysayers, but history demonstrates how things like that do strengthen the economy. Republicans would have us believe privatization ad infnitum would make us stronger, but historically that has proven completely untrue.
Quote :

what is the best class you have ever taken and what made it so great?

-tough one. Probably a 400 level class I took as an undergraduate called Comics as Literature. We only read graphic novels. it was very mind expanding, to take highly theorized literary concepts and seeing if they apply to comic/graphic novels. It was a great course for breaking the status quo of literary study. It was seminar style, so lots of good discussion, open-ended questions, and debates about whether or not superheroes are facist motherfuckers (direct quote).

Quote :
when you want to research something, how do you generally go about it?

-depends largely on what it is. for academic topics, I check the local archive, online archives like jstor, bradbury, a couple other sites i can't remember...have to have university access for most of them. casual things...well...you can find pretty much anything online. facebook is good for finding out about people lol. best research leads i've gotten come from my peers, since they are all doing research as well.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 pm

are you into plays/theatre/stage acting at all?

what's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

what are you grades like? what were they like in high school?

do you think age is an important factor in relationships?

what are you views on premarital sex?

do you believe in aliens?

what sorts of clothes do you wear?

what was the last thing you bought?

what does your morning routine consist of?

how do you not buy into the western success ideology?

do you seriously have Life Plans A through K? because you're going to have to explain them all right now.
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:20 pm

Quote :
are you into plays/theatre/stage acting at all?

-I used to be in them a bit in late high school and early college, nothing major. I really like the theatre though.
Quote :

what's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

-having a severe form of GERD, can't remember what the acronym stands for. It's really painful condition with your esophagus/stomach. I had it for a long time with no health insurance, so I was having all this chest pain, often debilitating chest pain and i thought i was going to have hearth failure. it's really hard to grasp unless you have it, and i have the particularly bad form. I have to take care of it or it will turn into esophageal cancer in ten years or so. Now that I know how to take care of it and have made most the lifestyle changes, it doesn't bother me too often and rarely gets to the point that it slows me down. I will never forget the time when my chest would hurt excruciatingly and I was unable to do anything about it besides wait around for a sudden death, this is part of the reason the healthcare issue is so big to me.
Quote :

what are you grades like? what were they like in high school?
-high school 3.0...didn't give a shit
- undergraduate 3.78, sorta gave a shit?
- I've gotten one B so far in grad school, and it should be my only one. never take the two hardest courses in a graduate program in the same semester.

Quote :
do you think age is an important factor in relationships?

-oh yeah. it depends on if you're male or female, what age you are and what age the other person is. If you're younger than 21, I'd stay within 2 years, around 21 i think you really start becoming who you are and probably settle into it between 25 and 26, so i would say 21 is fine with up to maybe 24 or 25. You're just not on the same maturity or experience level because you do so much growing up between 19 and 30, even two years can make a huge difference.

then again, my thoughts on this have been proven wrong by plenty of couples, but i would cite specific circumstances in those cases. There are always exceptions, one of my roommates is a 19 year old girl who is easily as mature as I am, even if she still sucks at life.

Quote :
what are you views on premarital sex?

-well, if you have two virgins who get married it could turn out just fine, but it's the kind deal where once you've had it it seems strange to stop. I think premarital sex takes a lot of pressure off figuring out who you want to be with because i think the natural sexual urge coded into all of us outweighs judgment in people who are "waiting". I mean, how many good suburban Christian couples get married between 18 and 20 and end up miserable or divorced because they "knew" this was the one God had for them. No. No. You're done, son! That's retarded and you can find evidence of such in almost any church.

Sure its a romantic thought to only be with the person you end up with, and people should prize that, but....it shouldn't be like it's the end of the world if their partner has had carnal knowledge. Shrug.

I guess in short I don't have a straight answer. At my age i certainly don't expect anyone to be a virgin, they virtually don't exist....but it's definitely a big deterrent to my interest if a girl has been with half of the town. Like the withered limb flaw is a lot less of a problem than the Stargate vagina in my opinion, but that's my old fashion side. I think we all just have to figure it out for ourselves.

Quote :

do you seriously have Life Plans A through K? because you're going to have to explain them all right now.

-Nope, I'm a very unstructured person and a very non-Taurusy Taurus. I have only a loose set of goals of varying importance I want to complete and a general plan of actions which goes no farther ahead than 12 months.
Back to top Go down
yasminspired

yasminspired

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:56 pm

sorry, I'd added more questions. seee?

yasminspired wrote:

how do you not buy into the western success ideology
how do you keep yourself motivated?

do you want to have kids?
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:13 pm

-nope, but I'm open to the possibility.

-clothes people give me. I pull the vintage thing off better than most. I refuse to spend money on clothes but still always look pretty swank.

- a beer, one of many tonight

-waking up, smoking, dressing, showering, plotting the destruction of my enemies.

how do you not buy into the western success ideology

-I am way too drunk to answer that question right now. My fingers would tire

how do you keep yourself motivated?

-comes from my cultivated discipline, and God, which the former also comes from the latter.

do you want to have kids?

-i used to think no way in hell, but i realize i could and probably will be open to the possibility in the future. Part of me wants to have a child now, not so concerned with the mother, but some animal drive in me wants spawn. That would turn things inside out for damn sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Interview #20 - tylersixx   Member Interview #20 - tylersixx Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Interview #20 - tylersixx
Page 1 of 1