Oh Lovely
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because the Hippie Board is gone. This is your new home.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

who'd you vote for?

Go down 
+12
yasminspired
atomiccheeseburger
franky
fairydust
ichthuz
High Voltage
Kelticmaddox
kirsty
sidekick
screams
TheOptimist
Cath
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

derp
Obama
who'd you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%who'd you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
McCain
who'd you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%who'd you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Vladimir Putin
who'd you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap42%who'd you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

who'd you vote for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:07 pm

he didn't win because he's black, but i think it helped him more than hurt him. he won because things are getting bad enough that even people alive during Reagan are realizing how dangerous the right-wing "cult of deregulation" is.

some snooty intellectuals may dismiss him, or voting all together on the grounds that all american candidates are ingrained in the same oppressive system, but there has to come a time when you ask if, since you can't have John or George, you go with Ringo instead.

i don't understand why conservatives can't understand how their system works....before FDR we were in a steady decline after 30 years of conservative dominance, FDR comes in, things get considerably better quickly, and dramatically better in the long run. america goes liberal for 30 years and experiences the GREATEST season of prosperity ON ALL FRONTS....then it all gets derailed by a little war in southeast asia. if you break things down into "things are getting better" and "things are getting worse" they correlate almost perfectly with liberal and conservative administrations.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 12:19 am

I never said he was elected because he was black, I just said he won a lot of votes for that reason. That's

Shadowmancer Returns wrote:
Translation: I think the next black president who is a Republican and fits the ideals I was indoctrinated to believe in will be the historical one.

Not really.. I don't care whether he/she will be red or blue.. that's a bit harsh, Adam.

When it's not a big deal it will be a big step. That's not what makes me dislike him, I have plenty of reasons, and I'm certainly not racist.
Back to top Go down
http://ben-hughes.blogspot.com/
john

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 12:01 pm

i just wanna throw out there that i voted for joe schriner.

sorry to disrupt the current tangent
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/johniecid
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 1:26 pm

You should be sorry.
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 3:15 pm

no ocean could hold the depths of my apologies Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

Number of posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 10:16 pm

He got a whole lot of votes because he was black, guys, face it. I personally know at least 20 people who voted for him because he's black. So shut up.
Back to top Go down
fairydust

fairydust

Number of posts : 402

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 am

franky wrote:
He got a whole lot of votes because he was black, guys, face it. I personally know at least 20 people who voted for him because he's black. So shut up.

i like you. yea, for some reason, people always pussyfoot around the race issue when it's blatantly in their face. i don't know about others, but i live in a country divided by race. there's not many people i have met that like blacks. that's why i am still shocked he got in. maybe other areas arent as racist as the cities i've grown up in.

PS: tell it like it is gf!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 am

franky wrote:

Definitely. But if we're going to concede that, then we also need to concede that some Americans voted for McCain because Obama is black.
Back to top Go down
Kelticmaddox
Admin
Kelticmaddox

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Of course. Its unfortunate either way.
Back to top Go down
https://ohlovely.forumotion.net
atomiccheeseburger

Number of posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:25 pm

franky wrote:

And he got a whole lot of votes against him because he was black, so it didn't play nearly as big of a factor as you and screams are saying it did.
Back to top Go down
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Now wait a second, don't go putting words in my mouth. Literally all I said was that he got a lot of votes just because he's black. And he did.
Back to top Go down
tylersixx

tylersixx

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:06 pm

atomiccheeseburger wrote:

And he got a whole lot of votes against him because he was black, so it didn't play nearly as big of a factor as you and screams are saying it did.

exactly
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 11:32 pm

tylersixx wrote:
atomiccheeseburger wrote:

exactly

Maybe, but I can bet money that the amount of votes against him for being black paled in comparison to the amount of votes he got because he was black. In fact, I believe I read that 97% of African American voters voted for Obama. Now whens the last time that a Presidential candidate got that much of the African American vote? He obviously had a big advantage in this election because of his race. Of course, I also believe that age played a big part as well as Obama got the majority of the younger vote as well.

Like I stated before, I didn't vote for either candidate. From a non-biased opinion, I do believe that race played a big part in Obama's Presidential win. There's no denying it. I'm not saying that's the only reason he won, but I do believe that it's one of the main reasons why he won. The truth is that we'll never know. Honestly, I think it's sad that someone would vote for a candidate simply because of his race, no matter if they're voting for or against it. However, it's no big deal for me whether Obama is black or not. His race never bothered me, and in fact I was kind of looking forward to seeing what it would be like to have an African American President for once.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/amandaandanthony1
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 am

franky wrote:
Now wait a second, don't go putting words in my mouth. Literally all I said was that he got a lot of votes just because he's black. And he did.

Same here. It will also be a big step when people don't vote for the white guy cause he isn't black.
Back to top Go down
john

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:15 pm

why does it matter? i've heard of worse reasons people voted for or against someone. if you like the status quo, vote the same as always. if you think the status quo is fucked...vote as different as possible. thats what it came down to. while race may be the easier factor to notice, its more a referendum on the fact that old rich white men have always ran things.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:15 am

I want to apologize if I came across as overly bitter. Sometimes I react instead of respond. I don't have any hate for Obama, I just don't have much love for him as a president, for my own reasons.
Back to top Go down
TheOptimist

TheOptimist

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:44 am

screams wrote:
I want to apologize if I came across as overly bitter. Sometimes I react instead of respond. I don't have any hate for Obama, I just don't have much love for him as a president, for my own reasons.

That's pretty much my view as well.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/amandaandanthony1
franky

franky

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:07 pm

screams wrote:

Yep.
Back to top Go down
screams

screams

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Hurray for similarities!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who'd you vote for?   who'd you vote for? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

who'd you vote for?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3